05 May 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- V-22 Osprey Program Cited For Excellence in Acquisition Reform Boeing 05 May 1999 -- To recognize the efforts of the V-22 Program for its contribution to acquisition reform, Dr. H. Lee Buchanan, assistant secretary of the Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition, presented the V-22 government and industry team the 1999 Department of Defense Acquisition Executive's Certificate of Achievement here May 3.
- Boeing Delivers Fourth and Fifth Production Super Hornets Boeing 05 May 1999 -- The Boeing Company delivered the fourth and fifth production model F/A-18E/F Super Hornet aircraft to the U.S. Navy April 30. Both F model Super Hornets, two-seat versions of the aircraft, ferried from St. Louis to Naval Air Station China Lake, Calif.
- Boeing Awarded $650 Million Contract For T-45 Training System Boeing 05 May 1999 -- With a five-year, $650 million contract, the U.S. Navy has selected The Boeing Company to continue support for the T-45 Training System and dramatically reduce the cost of ownership for this key component of Naval Aviation training.
- Boeing Super Hornet Successfully Completes EMD Boeing 05 May 1999 -- The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet has arrived at yet another milestone -- the successful completion of engineering and manufacturing development (EMD). The seven Super Hornets at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Md., completed more than 15,000 test points, a total of 3,172 flights and 4,673 flight hours in less than three and a half years of flight testing.
- 5 May 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 05 May 1999
- PRESS BRIEFING BY UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES United Nations 05 May 1999
- EAST TIMOR / RESOLUTION Voice of America 05 May 1999 -- INDONESIA AND PORTUGAL HAVE SIGNED AN ACCORD ON EAST TIMOR, PLEDGING TO LET THE PEOPLE OF THE FORMER PORTUGUESE COLONY DECIDE THEIR FUTURE POLITICAL STATUS IN A REFERENDUM IN THREE MONTHS' TIME. IN WASHINGTON, A GROUP OF U-S SENATORS WANTS PRESIDENT CLINTON TO PRESS INDONESIA TO DISARM PARAMILITARY GROUPS IN EAST TIMOR.
- Agreement between The Republic of Indonesian and the Portuguese Republic on the Question of East Timor 05 May 1999
- YEMEN SENTENCES Voice of America 05 May 1999 -- A COURT IN YEMEN HAS SENTENCED THREE ISLAMIC MILITANTS TO DEATH FOR KIDNAPPING 16 FOREIGN TOURISTS LAST YEAR. FOUR TOURISTS WERE KILLED IN A RESCUE ATTEMPT BY YEMENI AUTHORITIES.
- SRI LANKA RECRUITS Voice of America 05 May 1999 -- THE SRI LANKAN ARMY HAS STARTED RECRUITING TAMIL YOUTH TO THE ARMED FORCES. IT'S THE FIRST TIME IN A DECADE THE SRI LANKAN GOVERNMENT HAS MADE THIS KIND OF AN EFFORT.
- AFGHAN/EXPLOSION Voice of America 05 May 1999 -- A SERIES OF EXPLOSIONS AT AN AMMUNITION DEPOT ROCKED THE AFGHAN CAPITAL, KABUL (WEDNESDAY) DAMAGING NEARBY BUILDINGS. AT LEAST ONE PERSON HAS BEEN KILLED AND AT LEAST EIGHT OTHERS INJURED.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|