03 February 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Lockheed Martin Awarded $22 Million China Lake Contract Lockheed Martin 03 Feb 1999 -- The United States Navy has awarded Lockheed Martin the China Lake Combat Environment Simulation contract valued at $22 million over three years.
- 3 February 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 03 Feb 1999
- PRESS BRIEFING BY HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS United Nations 03 Feb 1999
- UGANDA IS IN CONGO FOR GOOD REASONS, SAYS MINISTER MBABAZI 03 February 1999 By Jim Fisher-Thompson USIA -- Uganda is involved in the current crisis in Congo/Kinshasa only to ensure its security and forestall a recurrence of the 1994 genocide that killed hundreds of thousands in the region, Ugandan Minister of State for Regional Cooperation Amama Mbabazi said.
- ANGOLA'S 'DIRTY WAR': BOTH SIDES MUST RETURN TO THE CONFERENCE TABLE USIA Foreign Media Reaction Report February 3, 1999 -- With Jonas Savimbi's rebel UNITA (National Union for the Total Independence of Angola) seizing town after town closer to Luanda and President dos Santos promising during his new government's swearing-in to smash the rebel movement once and for all, African observers expressed dire concern that Angola's decades-long civil war has again escalated.
- BURUNDI ATTACK Voice of America 03 Feburary 1999 -- REBELS IN BURUNDI HAVE ATTACKED A CAMP FOR DISPLACED CIVILIANS. THE ATTACK CAME IN THE THIRD WEEK OF FIGHTING NEAR BURUNDI'S BORDER WITH TANZANIA.
- GUINEA BISSAU / CEASEFIRE Voice of America 03 Feburary 1999 -- THE WARRING SIDES IN GUINEA BISSAU HAVE SIGNED A NEW CEASEFIRE AFTER THREE DAYS OF FIGHTING BETWEEN GOVERNMENT LOYALISTS AND REBELS.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|