DD 937 Davis
The fourth Davis (DD-937) was launched 28 March 1956 by Bethlehem Steel Co., Quincy, Mass.; sponsored by Mrs. G. F. Davis, widow of Commander Davis; and commissioned 6 March 1957, Commander G. G. Ball in command.
From her commissioning through the end of 1962, Davis, based on Newport, has exercised off the east coast as a unit of the Destroyer Force, Atlantic Fleet. Her operations have taken her to the Caribbean (1957, 1959, and 1960), northern Europe (1957 and 1958), the Mediterranean (1957-58, and 1960), and the Black Sea (1960).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|