The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Military


530th Supply and Service Battalion
Warrior Spirit

The 530th Supply and Service Battalion was constituted on 29 December 1942 in the Army of the United States as the 530th Quartermaster Service Battalion. It was activated on 14 January 1943 at Camp Butner, North Carolina. On 6 February 1944, the battalion was reorganized and subordinate companies A-D were redesignated 4133d, 4134th, 4135th and 4136th Quartermaster Companies respectively. The 530th headquarters was redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 530th Quartermaster Battalion. On 25 June 1946, the battalion was inactivated in France. On 10 January 1966, the battalion was converted and redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 530th Supply and Service Battalion and allotted to the Regular Army. This activation took place on 24 January 1966 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The battalion was reorganized and redesignated on 28 September 1989 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 530th Supply and Service Battalion.

On 16 May 1994, the 264th Corps Support Battalion in the 507th Corps Support Group (Airborne) was redesignated as the 530th Supply and Service Battalion (Airborne). The 530th Supply and Service Battalion in the 46th Corps Support Group was redesignated as the 264th Corps Support Battalion.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list



 
Page last modified: 05-07-2011 01:29:52 ZULU