3rd Infantry Division Special Troops Battalion
The 3rd Infantry Division Special Troops Battalion was first constituted on 12 October 1943 in the Regular Army as Headquarters, Special Troops, 3rd Infantry Division and was activated on 16 June 1944 in Italy.
The unit was converted and redesignated on 10 January 1949 as the 3rd Replacement Company and assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division.
It was reorganized and redesignated on 1 July 1957 as the 3rd Administration Company and again on 21 May 1972 as the 3rd Adjutant General Company. It was inactivated on 30 September 1985 in Germany.
The unit was redesignated 16 May 2004 as Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Infantry Division, and activated at Fort Stewart, Georgia.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|