The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Military


330th Movement Control Battalion
"Heart of the Dragon"

The 330th Movement Control Battalion, located at Fort Bragg, is a separate 1st COSCOM battalion. The battalion is responsible for regulating and coordinating the movements of all XVIII Airborne Corps soldiers, supplies, and equipment using every mode of transportation available: air, road, rail, inland waterway, or sea. If the Corps moves, the 330th controls it!

The 330th Movement Control Battalion was apparently redesignated from the 330th Transportation Center (MCC).

The 330th Movement Control Battalion is composed of eleven control teams:

  • The 261st Movement Control Team (Moving Regulating) operates on main supply routes and other designated controlled routs to regulate convoys and serve as the eyes and ears of the Transportation Movement Control Battalion.
  • The 329th Movement Control Team (Port) operates at aerial and sea ports of debarkation and small Army operated air and sea terminals. Expedites the throughput of cargo through the transportation system.
  • The 592nd Movement Control Team (Division Support) augments the Division Transportation Office to perform movement programming, highway regulation, and transportation support for the Division.
  • The 609th Movement Control Team (Area) operates in support of inland transfer points and supply support activities. Expedites throughput of cargo through the transportation system.
  • The 610th Movement Control Team (Area) operates in support of inland transfer points and supply support activities. Expedites throughput of cargo through the transportation system.
  • The 51st Movement Control Team (Division Support) (Hunter Army Airfield) augments the Division Transportation Office to perform movement programming, highway regulations, and transportation support for the Division.
  • The 258th Movement Control Team (Area) (Hunter Army Airfield) operates in support of inland transfer points and supply support activities. Expedites throughput of cargo through the transportation system.
  • The 274th Movement Control Team (Movement Regulation) (Hunter Army Airfield) operates on main supply routes and other designated controlled routes to regulate convoys and serve as the eyes and ears of the Transportation Movement Control Battalion.
  • The 613th Movement Control Team (Division Support) (Fort Campbell) augments the Division Transportation Office to perform movement programming, highway regulation, and transportation support for the Division.
  • The 632nd Movement Control Team (Movement Regulating) (Fort Campbell) operates on main supply routes and other designated controlled routes to regulate convoys and serve as the eyes and ears of the Transportation Movement Control Battalion.
  • The 620th Movement Control Team (Division Support) (Fort Drum) augments the Division Transportation Office to perform movement programming, highway regulation, and transportation support for the Division.

The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 330th Transportation Center on 11 May 1992. It was redesignated for the 330th Transportation Battalion on 16 Oct 2000. It consists of a brick red disc bearing a gold stylized Philippine sun charged with a blue Philippine sea lion, overall in base two red scrolls doubled brick red, one above the other, the top scroll inscribed "HEART OF" and the bottom scroll inscribed "THE DRAGON" in gold letters. Brick red and golden yellow (gold) are the colors traditionally associated with the Transportation Corps. The five points of the stylized Philippine sun represent the unit's campaigns and decorations during World War II. The Philippine sea lion symbolizes the unit's are of operations and service during World War II. Red and blue are adapted from the national flag of the Philippines. Gold stands for excellence, red for courage. The brick red disc simulates a wheel alluding to movement and the unit's transportation mission. The motto alludes to the unit's participation in the Armed Forces Expedition in Panama and two campaigns in Southwest Asia while associated with the XVIII Airborne Corps.

The 330th Transportation Center was constituted 15 October 1942 in the Army of the United States as the 2102d Quartermaster Truck Company, Aviation, and activated at Durand Airdrome, New Guinea. Inactivated 25 March 1946 in Japan. Converted and redesignated 1 August 1946 as the 2102d Transportation Corps Truck Company. Redesignated 20 August 1948 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 330th Transportation Highway Transport Group and allotted to the Organized Reserve Corps. Activated 2 September 1948 at Little Rock, Arkansas. (Organized Reserve Corps redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve). Reorganized and redesignated 30 April 1953 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 330th Transportation Group. Inactivated 1 December 1955 at Little Rock, Arkansas. Activated 16 April 1956 at Little Rock, Arkansas. Inactivated 1 April 1959 at Little Rock, Arkansas. Redesignated 1 July 1966 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 330th Transportation Center; concurrently withdrawn from the Army Reserve and allotted to the Regular Army. Activated 26 July 1966 at Fort Lee, Virginia.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list



 
Page last modified: 05-07-2011 01:26:31 ZULU