Find a Security Clearance Job!

Military


3rd Battalion - 321st Field Artillery Regiment

3rd Battalion - 321st Field Artillery Regiment was originally constituted on 5 August 1917 in the National Army as Battery C, 321st Field Artillery, an element of the 82d Division. It organized on 2 September 1917 at Camp Gordon, GA. The unit was demobilized on 26 May 1919 at Camp Dix, NJ.

It was reconstituted on 5 June 1930 in the Organized Reserves and consolidated with Battery C, 321st Field Artillery (itself constituted in July 1923 in the Organized Reserves as Battery C, 452d Field Artillery, and organized in Georgia; redesignated on 5 October 1929 as Battery C, 321st Field Artillery, an element of the 82d Division). The consolidated unit was designated as Battery C, 321st Field Artillery, an element of the 82d Division (later redesignated as the 82d Airborne Division).

It was reorganized and redesignated on 13 February 1942 as Battery C, 321st Field Artillery Battalion, before bring ordered into active military service on 25 March 1942 and reorganized at Camp Claiborne, LA. It was once again reorganized and redesignated on 15 August 1942 as Battery C, 321st Glider Field Artillery Battalion, an element of the 101st Airborne Division before being disbanded on 4 September 1942 at Camp Claiborne, LA.

The unit was reconstituted on 1 March 1957 in the Regular Army. It was concurrently consolidated with Battery C, 321st Airborne Field Artillery Battalion (active), and the consolidated unit was designated as Battery C, 321st Airborne Field Artillery Battalion, an element of the 101st Airborne Division.

It was reorganized and redesignated on 25 April 1957 as Battery C, 321st Artillery. It was relieved on 21 January 1964 from assignment to the 101st Airborne Division, and inactivated on 3 February 1964 at Fort Campbell, KY.

Redesignated on 1 September 1971 as Battery C, 321st Field Artillery, it was redesignated on 28 February 1987 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 3d Battalion, 321st Field Artillery; Headquarters concurrently transferred to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command and activated at Fort Sill, OK. It inactivated on 15 January 1996 at Fort Sill, OK. The unit was withdrawn on 16 January 1996 from the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command and was activated at Fort Bragg, NC (its organic elements were concurrently constituted and activated).



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list