29th Signal Battalion
"Clear and Open"
The 29th Signal Battalion is an active duty army unit which has been assigned to the 142nd Signal Brigade, an Army National Guard unit.
The 29th Signal Battalion was originally constituted on 20 March, 1942 in the US Army as the 29th Signal Battalion. It activated on 10 April, 1942 at Camp Gordon, GA.
It was redesignated on 14 May, 1945 as the 29th Signal Light Construction Battalion. It was then reorganized and redesignated on 15 August, 1949 as the 29th Signal Construction Battalion. The unit was next alloted on 31 October, 1950 to the Regular Army.
It was reorganized and redesignated on 20 October, 1953 as the 29th Signal Battalion.
The 29th activated on 1 May, 1983 at Fort Lewis, WA.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|