The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Military


210th Military Police Battalion

The 210th Military Police Battalion was organized and federally recognized on 14 October 1940 in the Michigan National Guard at Detroit as Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 177th Field Artillery. It was inducted into federal service on 7 April 1941 at Detroit. It was reorganized and redesignated on 1 March 1943 as Headquarters Battery, 943rd Field Artillery Battalion. It inactivated on 28 November 1945 at Camp Shanks, NY.

The unit was reorganized and federally recognized on 2 December 1946 at Detroit as Headquarters Battery, 177th Field Artillery Battalion, an element of the 46th Infantry Division. It was reorganized and redesignated on 15 March 1959 as Headquarters Battery, 2nd Howitzer Battalion, 182nd Artillery, an element of the 46th Infantry Division; and on 15 March 1963 as Headquarters Battery, 2nd Howitzer Battalion, 182nd Artillery. It was ordered into active federal service on 24 July 1967 at Detroit, released on 2 August 1967 from active federal service and reverted to state control.

It was reorganized and redesignated on 1 February 1968 as Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 182nd Artillery, and relieved from assignment to the 46th Infantry Division. It was redesignated on 1 February 1972 as Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 182nd Field Artillery.

The unit converted and was redesignated on 1 April 1976 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 210th Military Police Battalion. It was ordered into active federal service on 2 August 1980 at Detroit, and released on August 1980 from active federal service and revered to state control.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list



 
Page last modified: 05-07-2011 01:24:03 ZULU