Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Teams - Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment
- OSHA Level "A" through "C" protective clothing with self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), closed-circuit breathing apparatus (Rebreather), or air purifying respirators (APR)
- Personal Decontamination Kits.
Reconnaissance, Detection, Sampling Gear
- Digital Still and Video Camera
- Commercial multi-gas monitor with Photo-Ionization Detector, Oxygen, LEL, and Toxic vapor sensors
- Improved Chemical Agent Monitor (ICAM) - point-detection of Nerve and Blister Agents
- M-22 Chemical Agent Detector and Alarm (ACADA)- remote detector of Nerve and Blister Agents
- M-8 Paper; M-9 Paper - detection of Nerve and Blister Agents in liquid
- M-256 Kit - "wet chemistry" detection of Nerve, Blister, Blood Agents
- Portable Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer- identification of over 150,000 Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) and most military chemical agent vapors
- AN/UDR-13, AN/VDR-2, AN/UDR-77 Radiac Sets, Gamma Spectrometer - detection and measurement of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and X-Ray radiation sources
- Handheld Immunoassay tickets - presumptive identification of eight Biological Agents
- Colorimetric Tubes and Draeger colorimetric "Chip Set" - detection of Toxic Industrial Chemicals
- Sampling equipment with a capability for collecting viable liquid, powder and other samples in a wide variety of matrixes with a secure chain of custody.
Computer Modeling and Response Database Systems
- Consequence Assessment Tool Set Joint Assessment of Catastrophic Events (CATS-JACE) - GIS-based hazard plume modeling.
- Hazard Prediction and Assessment Capability (HPAC) - simulate effects of customized NBC/R weapons.
Unified Command Suite (UCS) - Communications Van
- 15 kW power supply and environmental control unit
- KU-Band SATCOM - wide-bandwidth for data and voice reach back; secure capable
- INMARSAT-B - portable data and voice SATCOM
- Motorola VHF/UHF AM/FM Transceiver - intra-team communications and Responder Communications.
- Military VHF/UHF/UHF SATCOM Radios
- Multilane Scanner
- Team Radios - Motorola XTS-3000
- Cellular Telephone and Local Area Network for Laptop Computers.
Analytical Laboratory System (ALS)
- 6 kW power supply and bench workspace
- Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer with Headspace Sampler - identification of over 150,000 Volatile organic compounds and most chemical warfare agents, from solid, liquid, or vapor samples
- Handheld Immunoassay Tickets - presumptive detection of select Biological Agents
- Gamma Spectrometer - radioisotope Identification
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) analysis - allows DNA identification of biological organisms
- Fourier Transform Infra Red Spectrometer - quick analysis of chemical makeup of substances
- HAZCAT and HEINZ 5-STEP hazard categorization kits - allow chemical reactivity - based identification of chemicals by hazard class.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|