Vypolzovo 57°52'36"N 33°41'55"E
[Yedrovo] 57°54'47"N 33°37'13"E
7th Missile Division (Ozernyy, Tver oblast)
military unit No. 14245
Bologoevsk missile formation
(Guards Red Banner Rezhitskaya missile division)
Since its inception, the division has been equipped with various types of missile technology: the R-16U missile (since 1963); UR-100 missile (since 1967); rocket RS-16A (since 1975); rocket RS-16B (since 1979); rocket RS-12M "Topol" (since 1994).
On July 14, 1943, on the basis of the 79th Guards Cannon-Artillery Regiment in the Staraya Russa area, the 19th Guards Cannon-Artillery Brigade (pabr) was formed. On July 4, 1960, the formation of a missile formation began on the basis of 19 pabr. The event was held under the command of Colonel Uvarov P.P. In order to preserve the military traditions and the memory of the military merits of the soldiers of the 19th Pabr during the war years, the unit was given the honorary name "Guards Rocket Rezhytsia Division" in April 1961. The annual holiday of the union was left the same - July 14th.
The SS-17 was deployed at Kostroma and Vypolzovo [Yedrovo] prior to being withdrawn from service following the end of the Cold War. The Bologovskaya missile division in the Tver region will be re-equipped with the Yars mobile ground missile system (PGRK) this year, the Russian Defense Ministry's information and mass communications department reported 02 January 2022. "The rearmament of the Bologovsky missile formation at the Yars PGRK will begin in 2022," the Defense Ministry said.
Located in the Tver region, the unit is the westernmost division of the Strategic Missile Forces (Strategic Missile Forces) of Russia. According to the military department, at the moment, preparatory work has already been carried out to re-equip the missile division. "At present, the Bologovskoye missile unit is on alert on the Topol mobile missile system, the most reliable and most massive in the history of the Strategic Missile Forces. During its existence, the missile unit has changed four types of missile systems," the Russian Defense Ministry said.
The department added that out of eight Strategic Missile Forces formations equipped with mobile missile systems, six have already completed rearmament. According to open data, the Seventh Guards Missile Rezhitskaya Red Banner Division of the Strategic Missile Forces is deployed in the Ozerny ZATO of the Bologovsky District of the Tver Region.
Yars is a mobile and silo-based strategic missile system capable of hitting targets at ranges of up to 11,000 km. It is equipped with a split warhead with maneuvering individual guidance units. The Strategic Missile Forces are armed with stationary silo-based missile systems "Avangard", "Voevoda", "Stilet", "Topol-M" and "Yars". The mobile-based grouping includes the Topol, Topol-M and Yars mobile ground-based missile systems.
On July 14, 1943, on the basis of the 79th Guards Cannon-Artillery Regiment in the Staraya Russa area, the 19th Guards Cannon-Artillery Brigade (Pabr) was formed. On October 15, 1943, 19 pabr was awarded the Guards Banner. On July 27, 1944, for the courage and heroism of the personnel in the battles for the liberation of the town of Rezekne, the brigade was commended by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief and awarded the honorary title "Rezhitskaya".
During the Great Patriotic War, the brigade fought near Staraya Russa, Nevel, Novorzhev and passed its way from the Pustoshka station through Ludza, Rezekne, Madona, Ogre, Riga, Mitava. The end of the war found the brigade in the area of Saldus (Latvia). Throughout the war, the brigade was commanded by Colonel Sokolov M.I. After the end of World War II in July 1945, 19 Pabr made a march on its own to Estonia, where it was until 1947. In May 1947, the brigade was redeployed to the city of Luga, Leningrad Region.
On July 4, 1960, the formation of a missile unit began on the basis of 19 Pabr. The event was held under the command of Colonel P.P. Uvarov. In order to preserve the military traditions and memory of the military merits of the soldiers of 19 Pabr during the war years, the formation was given the honorary name "Guards Missile Rezhitsa Division" in April 1961. The annual union holiday was left the same - July 14.
On February 11, 1963, the first combat crews of the missile formation took up combat duty. In the course of preparations for the intercession on August 6, 1961, the combat crew of military unit 14264 for the first time carried out a combat training launch of the R-5 missile at the state range. Then, from 1962 to 1972, 27 more combat training launches were carried out with ratings "good" and "excellent".
For exemplary duty, skillful mastering of new technology and weapons, the unit was awarded the Commemorative Banner of the Central Committee of the CPSU, the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR and the Council of Ministers of the USSR (November 1, 1967), the Badge of Honor of the Central Committee of the CPSU, the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR (December 25 1972), the Order of the Red Banner (1975), the pennant of the USSR Minister of Defense "For Courage and Military Valor" (1979).
Since its inception, the division has been equipped with various types of rocketry: the R-16U missile (since 1963); missile UR-100 (since 1967); missile RS-16A (since 1975); missile RS-16B (since 1979); missile RS-12M "Topol" (since 1994). By the decree of the President of the Russian Federation of November 27, 1999, one of the regiments of the missile formation was given the honorary name "Tverskoy".
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|