Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
- "The Strategic Triad: A Deterrent to National Security?" by Major Thompson A. Gerke, United States Marine Corps. Marine Corps University Command and Staff College Argues that the United States should reform its nuclear posture to meet the changing security threats and to facilitate arms control, threat reduction, and counter-proliferation initiatives.
- "America Beware of Poisons and Potions: Biological Warfare Warning is a US Critical Vulnerability by Lt. Commander David R. Lavender, United States Navy. Marine Corps University Command and Staff College Argues that the UNited States needs to improve the integration of warning systems into deployed forces and to increase the funding for the research and development of such systems.
- The Heavy Bomber Industrial Base: A Study of Present and Future Capabilities James L. Barefield II; Anthony R. Williams (Faculty Advisor) Air Command and Staff College 1997
- Medical Aspects of Chemical and Biological Warfare  Textbook of Military Medicine, Published by the Office of The Surgeon General, Borden Institute, Walter Reed Army Medical Center Washington,D.C. Office of The Surgeon General United States Army
- Independent Bomber Force Review Brent Scowcroft -- We do not believe that the planned force of 21 B-2s will satisfy foreseeable U.S. military requirements. Pentagon opposition to further B-2 production is shortsighted and parochial.
- Square Pegs and Round Holes: Air Force Doctrine and the B-2 Bomber Air Command and Staff College 1997 - What happens when we procure weapon systems based on obsolete doctrine? Worse yet, what happens when we build doctrine around existing resources designed from obsolete ideas?
- B-2 BOMBER Mr. INOUYE Congressional Record (Senate - April 14, 1997) -- "I want to address the need to acquire a meaningful long-range-strike weapons system. I want to address the procurement of nine more B-2 bombers, which are needed to complete a three-squadron fleet that will have the means to deter, the capabilities to defend against, and the power to defeat threats to our national interest. "
- Iran and Iraq: A Prediction for Future Conflict Francis V. Xavier Air Command and Staff College 1997
- The Chemical Weapons Convention: Strategic Implications for the United States Authored by Mr. Frederick J. Vogel. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College January 8, 1997
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list