1. What is the minimum information required to conduct the recon mission (extracted from the OPORD) (for example, recon, survey, support of chemical units)?
- Enemy situation.
- Friendly situation.
- Supported unit's mission.
- Supported commander's intent.
- Command and control.
- Logistics support.
- Security support.
- Coordinate MOPP level, OEG, and correlation factor.
- Supported unit.
2. What type of recon mission is to be conducted?
3. How many vehicles will be required for the mission?
4. What are the actions at the contaminated area?
- Locate bypass routes (which sides).
- Find shortest route across.
- Collect sample.
- Continue mission.
- Remain and assist units in avoiding the contaminated area.
- Report (format, what net, and so forth).
5. Analyze the recon mission.
- Type of search technique to be used.
- Intervals at which samples and readings will be taken.
6. Is a survey required?
- Type of technique.
7. Marking the contaminated area.
- Type of marker.
- Interval markers are to be emplaced.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|