November 2017 - United States Special Weapons News
- US to Spend $1.2 Trillion to Modernize, Maintain Nuclear Forces Sputnik 20 Nov 2017 -- The United States will need to spend more than $1.2 trillion over the next 30 years to follow through with plans to modernize and manage its nuclear deterrent, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said in an estimate released on Monday.
- U.S. Nuclear Commander Says He Would Refuse 'Illegal' Strike Order From President RFE/RL 19 Nov 2017 -- The commander of U.S. nuclear forces says he would resist any "illegal" order from a president to launch a strike and would attempt to recommend an alternative move.
- US nuclear commander: I'd resist Trump's 'illegal' nuke strike order Press TV 18 Nov 2017 -- A top nuclear commander in the United States says he would resist an "illegal" nuclear attack order from President Donald Trump.
- US military leaders can reject 'illegal' nuclear strike order by Trump: ex-general Press TV 15 Nov 2017 -- US military commanders could refuse to follow a possible presidential order to carry out a nuclear first strike should they view it as illegal, a retired military general has told a Senate hearing.
- Trump's Nuclear Authority Reviewed on Capitol Hill VOA 14 Nov 2017 -- For the first time in decades, U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday examined the nuclear authority wielded by American presidents and, in particular, whether President Donald Trump could order a pre-emptive nuclear strike on North Korea.
- US military planning $5bn missile system upgrade in Wyoming Press TV 13 Nov 2017 -- The US government is planning to spend up to $5 billion in order to upgrade an ageing nuclear missile system in the state of Wyoming, as part of an ongoing modernization program accelerated under President Donald Trump.
- US nuclear arsenal to cost $1.2 trillion over next 30 years: Report Press TV 01 Nov 2017 -- Modernizing and maintaining the US nuclear arsenal over the next 30 years will cost over $1.2 trillion, a 25 percent increase from previous estimates, according to a report by the US government.
- Modernization of Nuclear Forces to Cost US $1.2 Trillion in 2017-2046 - Report Sputnik 01 Nov 2017 -- A US Congress report stipulates an upgrade of "virtually every element" of the national nuclear arsenal within the coming decades.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|