June 2017 - United States Special Weapons News
- ICBM Country: Ogden Air Logistics Complex restoring Air Force's nuclear launch facilities AFNS 27 Jun 2017 -- Editor's Note: Hill Air Force Base units are helping ensure the nuclear triad remains an effective strategic deterrent now and into the future. This is the first in a two part series.
- ICBM Country: Hill AFB workers play key role in future of strategic defense AFNS 27 Jun 2017 -- Editor's Note: Hill Air Force Base units are helping ensure the nuclear triad remains an effective strategic deterrent now and into the future. This is the second in a two part series.
- 'Doomsday' Alert: Tornado Struck Hard Blow on US Nuke-Proof Planes Sputnik 24 Jun 2017 -- A fierce tornado damaged at least 10 US jets including the US Air Force "Doomsday" plane at Offutt base (Nebraska). A representative of the US Air Force reported that the incident occurred on June 16 but was made public on June 24.
- Modernizing Nuclear Deterrents No. 1 Priority, DoD Officials Tell Congress AFPS 08 Jun 2017 -- Defense officials outlined the need for consistent congressional support for the critical mission of modernizing and maintaining effective nuclear deterrent systems during testimony on Capitol Hill yesterday.
- No one would survive US-Russia nuclear war to claim victory: Putin Press TV 07 Jun 2017 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin says if the United States and Russia decided to use their nuclear weapons in a potential conflict with one another, no one would survive that war to claim victory.
- Putin Says 'Nobody Would Survive' U.S.-Russia 'Hot War' RFE/RL 07 Jun 2017 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin says in a documentary set to air on U.S. television that "nobody would survive" a war between the nuclear-armed countries.
- Strategic bombers, Airmen deploy to United Kingdom AFNS 01 Jun 2017 -- B-52H Stratofortresses from Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, and about 800 Airmen from Air Force Global Strike Command deployed to Royal Air Force Fairford to support a number of exercises with joint partners, and U.K. and NATO allies.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|