Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
August 2015 - United States Special Weapons News
- Statement by NSC Spokesperson Ned Price on the International Atomic Energy Agency’s Low Enriched Uranium Bank The White House 26 Aug 2015
- US Nuclear Weapons Contractor Must Pay Millions for Misuse of Federal Funds Sputnik 25 Aug 2015 -- A US nuclear weapons lab owned by a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin will pay back millions to the federal government, following allegations that it used taxpayer money to lobby for new government contracts.
- Mobility Airmen recover radiological material from Mexico AFNS 21 Aug 2015 -- Headquarters Air Mobility Command, in close partnership with the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration, recently executed a C-17 Globemaster III mission to repatriate three Husman irradiators containing radioactive material from Mexico to the U.S. for final disposition.
- 20th CBRNE Command supports Prominent Hunt Army News 21 Aug 2015 -- Soldiers from 20th CBRNE Command (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosives) trained with interagency partners in Southern California during Exercise Prominent Hunt, Aug. 13 - 17.
- 45 years on alert: Minot conducts Minuteman III test launch AFNS 19 Aug 2015 -- The 91st Missile Wing completed an operational test launch of an unarmed LGM-30G Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California.
- Whiteman B-2s, Airmen maintain readiness in Guam AFNS 19 Aug 2015 -- About 225 Airmen and three B-2 Spirits from Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri, deployed here Aug. 7 to conduct familiarization training activities in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region.
- 20th CBRNE participates in Ulchi Freedom Guardian Army News 19 Aug 2015 -- The 20th CBRNE Command (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosives) is participating in Exercise Ulchi Freedom Guardian in South Korea, Aug. 17 - 28.
- Statement by the Press Secretary on the 2016 Nuclear Security Summit The White House 10 Aug 2015
- Work, Kendall Visit Livermore Lab, Nuke Stockpile AFPS 06 Aug 2015 -- With responsibility for surety of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California is a "national treasure," Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work said after visiting the facility yesterday.
- Deterrence Still Cornerstone of U.S. Strategy, Haney Says AFPS 06 Aug 2015 -- Even in an age of terror groups like the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and al-Qaida, deterrence remains at the heart of America's security strategy, said Navy Adm. Cecil D. Haney, the commander of U.S. Strategic Command.
- CSAF listens to Airmen, discusses nuclear enterprise mission AFNS 06 Aug 2015 -- Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A Welsh III visited three Air Force Global Strike Command bases to listen to Airmen of all ranks who support the Global Strike mission on a daily basis, while addressing the importance of the nuclear enterprise and its future.
- US nuclear arsenal to cost nearly $1 trillion to upgrade: Study Press TV 06 Aug 2015 -- A US Defense Department think tank has estimated that modernization of the existing US nuclear arsenal is likely to cost Washington nearly $1 trillion over the next 30 years, which is way more than what the Pentagon can currently afford.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list