Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2014 - United States Special Weapons News
- Hagel: Nuclear Force Needs Fixing VOA 15 Nov 2014 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has announced an effort to develop weapons systems that will enable the United States to maintain its military dominance.
- DOD, Air Force nuclear force reviews consistent with force improvement efforts AFNS 14 Nov 2014 -- The Secretary of Defense announced the results of the Nuclear Enterprise Review during a press briefing at the Pentagon, Nov. 14.
- Hagel Lauds Nuclear Enterprise Airmen As 'Indispensable' in National Security AFPS 14 Nov 2014 -- On the first stop of his five-day domestic trip to interact with military members, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel today praised what he called the "reliable and effective" airmen who support the nuclear enterprise at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota.
- Remarks by Secretary Hagel at a troop event, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota DoD 14 Nov 2014 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel
- Media Availability with Secretary Hagel at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota DoD 14 Nov 2014 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel
- Work Details How DoD Will Implement Nuclear Improvements AFPS 14 Nov 2014 -- The Defense Department will implement more than 100 recommendations to improve its nuclear deterrent enterprise and in the process make the difficult job of working in that environment better for the nuclear workforce, Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work said today.
- Department of Defense Press Briefing by Secretary Hagel on Reforms to the Nuclear Enterprise in the Pentagon Briefing Room DoD 14 Nov 2014 -- Presenters: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, Deputy Secretary of Defense Bob Work
- Hagel Announces Changes to U.S. Nuclear Deterrent Enterprise AFPS 14 Nov 2014 -- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has announced a series of measures to increase investment in America's nuclear deterrent after reviews found evidence of systemic problems in the enterprise.
- Secretary of Defense Hagel Announces Nuclear Force Reforms DoD 14 Nov 2014 -- Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel announced today a comprehensive action plan to reform to the nuclear enterprise and called for additional critical investments in sustainment as well as measures to address longstanding cultural issues that have hurt the morale of the nuclear force.
- US to invest billions of dollars in nukes over next five years Iran Press TV 14 Nov 2014 -- US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has vowed to put billions of dollars in investment over the next five years to overhaul the country's deadly nuclear weapons arsenal.
- US May Increase Nuclear Enterprise Budget in Next 5 Years: Pentagon Sputnik 14 Nov 2014 -- The US Department of Defense (DOD) will increase its nuclear enterprise budget by 10 percent in each of the next five years to maintain the aging infrastructure, leaders within the department said at a press briefing Friday.
- New maintenance team focuses on launch control centers AFNS 13 Nov 2014 -- Repairs at the 341st Missile Wing's 15 launch control centers (LCCs) are being attended to more expediently and thoroughly now, thanks to a specialized team recently created within the 341st Maintenance Group.
- Focused on the future, force improvement marks progress AFNS 13 Nov 2014 -- Over the past few months, many changes have come to Air Force Global Strike Command. What started as a grass-roots effort has become a monumental effort by Air Force leaders and Airmen to foster positive changes within the command.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list