Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
January 2014 - United States Special Weapons News
- SecAF outlines top focus areas to improve ICBM career field AFNS 30 Jan 2014 -- Throughout the next 60 days, senior Air Force leaders will re-examine the way ahead for the Air Force's nuclear mission.
- Air Force Addressing Systemic Problems in ICBM Force AFPS 30 Jan 2014 -- After meeting with thousands of airmen in the ICBM community, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James believes there is a systemic problem among missile launch officers.
- Air Force Addresses Aspects of Cheating Scandal AFPS 30 Jan 2014 -- The Air Force has started to address aspects related to the on-going investigation of cheating on proficiency exams by nuclear launch officers at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont.
- Defense Department Press Briefing in the Pentagon Briefing Room by Secretary James and General Wilson on Air Force Update on Test Compromise Investigation DoD 30 Jan 2014 -- Presenters: Secretary of the Air Force Deborah Lee James; Air Force Global Strike Command Commander Lt. Gen. Stephen Wilson; and Brigadier General Les Kodlick, U.S. Air Force Director of Public Affairs
- U.S. Combats Nexus of Illicit Networks, WMD Proliferation AFPS 30 Jan 2014 -- U.S. national security officials have long been worried about the nexus between terrorists and transnational criminal organizations.
- Hagel Meets With Leaders of DOD Nuclear Enterprise AFPS 25=9 Jan 2014 -- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel met with the leaders of the Defense Departmentís nuclear enterprise today to discuss the health of the force.
- Hagel Vows to Restore Confidence in Nuclear Mission AFPS 24 Jan 2014 -- A day after ordering an independent review of the military's nuclear force amid allegations of cheating on proficiency exams by Air Force officers overseeing the nation's ballistic nuclear missiles, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel today vowed to restore confidence in the Air Force's nuclear mission.
- Department of Defense Press Briefing with Rear Admiral Kirby from the Pentagon DoD 23 Jan 2014 -- Presenter: Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby
- Pentagon to Review Strategic Nuclear Deterrence Mission AFPS 23 Jan 2014 -- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has directed a review of U.S. strategic nuclear deterrence forces and their ability to carry out their mission, Pentagon Press Secretary Navy Adm. John Kirby said today.
- Missileer Retesting Nearly Complete AFPS 17 Jan 2014 -- The retesting of nuclear ICBM launch officers is nearly complete, Pentagon spokesman Army Col. Steve Warren said today.
- ICBM Retesting Continues, Hagel Open to Incentives for Missileers AFPS 16 Jan 2014 -- Retesting of all ICBM launch crewmen will finish today, the Pentagon press secretary announced during a news conference.
- 34 ICBM Launch Officers Implicated in Cheating Probe AFPS 15 Jan 2014 -- Thirty-four intercontinental ballistic missile launch officers at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont., have been implicated in cheating on the ICBM launch officer proficiency test, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James said today.
- Statement from Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby on ICBM Allegations DoD 15 Jan 2014
- Department of Defense Press Briefing on the Status of Air Force Investigations into Allegations of Illegal Drug Possession from the Pentagon DoD 15 Jan 2014 -- Presenters: Secretary of the Air Force Deborah Lee James and Air Force Chief of Staff General Mark A. Welsh III
- Pine Bluff Chemical Agent Disposal Facility prepared for final closure Army News 02 Jan 2014 -- After 15 years of construction, systemization, operations, closure and demolition, the end has finally arrived for the Pine Bluff Chemical Agent Disposal Facility, here.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list