August 2012 - United States Special Weapons News
- U.S. Hails Russia’s Readiness for Nuclear Cuts RIA Novosti 29 Aug 2012 -- The United States welcomes Moscow’s willingness to further reduce nuclear weapons.
- Russia Calls on U.S. to Ratify Nuclear Test Ban Treaty RIA Novosti 29 Aug 2012 -- US ratification of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty will speed up the document’s entry into force.
- B-52s bring persistent airpower to Exercise Pitch Black 12 AFNS 24 Aug 2012 -- The 69th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron took to the skies of Australia's Northern Territory as the lone U.S. Air Force unit flying in Exercise Pitch Black 12.
- Spokesman for Korean Anti-Nuke Peace Committee on US KCNA 24 Aug 2012 -- The report "Radioactive warfare" worked out by the FBI on April 20, 1951 has been recently discovered.
- B-52 takes part in joint training 'down under' AFNS 23 Aug 2012 -- The Air Force will send a B-52 and KC-135, operating from Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, to Royal Australian Air Force Base Darwin later this week to take part in short term joint training with the RAAF.
- Nuclear enterprise experts train and attend symposium AFNS 20 Aug 2012 -- Approximately 16 general and flag officers, led by the commander of U.S. Strategic Command, took part in an airborne emergency action officers exercise and Strategic Deterrence Conference.
- JASSM-ER nears operational employment AFNS 09 Aug 2012 -- The 337th Test and Evaluation Squadron is scheduled to complete the final-phase of operational testing for the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile - Extended Range in late August.
- 2nd Bomb Wing delegation visits Russia AFNS 08 Aug 2012 -- A delegation of five people from the 2nd Bomb Wing visited Engels Air Base in Saratov, Russia, last month on a goodwill mission with a dual purpose.
- B-52s provide RIMPAC 2012 air capability AFNS 06 Aug 2012 -- Members from the 69th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron participated in 9 sorties in support of this year's RIMPAC exercise.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|