November 2011 - United States Special Weapons News
- CSAF signs munitions realignment program action directive AFNS 28 Nov 2011 -- Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Schwartz signed the Program Action Directive Nov. 20 that details the transfer of munitions squadrons responsible for nuclear mission support from Air Force Materiel Command to Air Force Global Strike Command.
- India, US review nuclear safety IRNA 18 Nov 2011 -- Nuclear regulators of India and the US undertook a detailed review of safety measures at various atomic power plants in the two countries.
- Indian Gov't notifies rules to implement N-liability law IRNA 17 Nov 2011 -- Ahead of PM Singh's meeting with US President Barack Obama, India notified implementation rules for the Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act.
- U.S. Attempt to Mount Preemptive Nuclear Attack on DPRK KCNA 16 Nov 2011 -- It is the U.S. military strategy toward the DPRK to stifle it through preemptive nuclear attack.
- U.S.-S. Korean Nuclear War Exercises KCNA 14 Nov 2011 -- US Strategic Command staged "exercises for operating extended deterrence means" under the supervision of the "extended deterrence policy committee".
- Handover of Deseret Chemical Depot approved Army News 14 Nov 2011 -- In less than two years, the Deseret Chemical Depot will once again become Tooele Army Depot South Area.
- Chemical Depot Destroys All Remaining Nerve Agent in Stockpile Army News 11 Nov 2011 -- Workers at the Area 10 Liquid Incinerator safely destroyed the last of the nerve agent stored at Deseret Chemical Depot.
- Defense Officials Urge Nuclear Deterrent Funding AFPS 03 Nov 2011 -- The nation’s security strategy is built on nuclear deterrence, and the systems and workforce that support nuclear capabilities must be sustained.
- Presidential Memorandum - New START Treaty The White House 02 Nov 2011
- Umatilla Chemical Agent Disposal Facility destroys last of agent Army News 02 Nov 2011 -- Nearly 50 years of chemical agent storage came to an end with the destruction of the last ton container of mustard blister agent.
- Army Completes Chemical Stockpile Destruction at Umatilla Army News 02 Nov 2011 -- The Umatilla Chemical Agent Disposal Facility completed the disposal of the UMCD chemical weapons stockpile.
- Anniston Chemical Weapons Stockpile End of Operations Army News 02 Nov 2011 -- The Anniston team safely completed disposal operations of 661,529 nerve and mustard agent munitions and 2,254 tons of chemical agent on Sept. 22, 2011.
- Air Force modernization takes B-2 to North Pole AFNS 02 Nov 2011 -- A B-2 Spirit travelled to the top of the world and back again on a mission to test the aircraft's hardware and software upgrades, endurance and performance at extremely high latitudes.
- Naval Hospital Beaufort Turns Up the Heat with Warm Zone Training NNS 01 Nov 2011 -- Members of Naval Hospital Beaufort's decontamination team participated in warm zone training Oct. 19-20.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|