September 2011 - United States Special Weapons News
- ANCDF completes chemical munitions mission Army News 29 Sep 2011 -- Chemical munitions destruction operations at the Anniston Chemical Agent Disposal Facility concluded last week.
- U.S., Ukraine Sign Pact On Nuclear Security Cooperation RFE/RL 27 Sep 2011 -- US Secretary of State Clinton and Ukrainian FM Hryshchenko have signed a memorandum of understanding on nuclear security cooperation.
- 4th MEB passes on CBRN-response mission, refocuses on combat role Army News 27 Sep 2011 -- On October 1st, the 4th MEB will culminate its mission of Federal military response to a potential CBRN event in the homeland.
- Secretary Clinton Remarks at Signing Ceremony of the Memorandum of Understanding With Ukraine on Nuclear Security Cooperation US Dept. of State 26 Sep 2011
- Army Completes Chemical Stockpile Destruction Army News 23 Sep 2011 -- The Anniston Chemical Agent Disposal Facility yesterday completed the disposal of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at ANAD.
- Secretary Clinton Remarks at High-Level Meeting on Nuclear Safety US Dept. of State 22 Sep 2011
- 226th gears up for DCRF logistics mission Army News 22 Sep 2011 -- The 226th Quartermaster Company continues to train to be ready to respond to potential catastrophic incidents in the United States.
- Remarks by President Obama in Address to the United Nations General Assembly The White House 21 Sep 2011
- Global Strike Commander: Advocate for nuclear deterrence, global strike AFNS 21 Sep 2011 -- Lt. Gen. Jim Kowalski discussed the importance of championing the nuclear enterprise.
- Program Promotes Maritime Surveillance of Small Vessels AFPS 21 Sep 2011 -- Quest to halt proliferation and prevent weapons of mass destruction from falling into enemy hands.
- Fact Sheet: Advancing U.S. Interests at the United Nations The White House 20 Sep 2011
- ANCA makes last delivery to ANCDF Army News 12 Sep 2011 -- Anniston Chemical Activity (ANCA) employees achieved their most significant milestone today. They delivered the last chemical agent-filled artillery shells in ANCA storage igloos to the Anniston Chemical Agent Disposal Facility (ANCDF).
- Tennessee Goes From Green to Blue & Gold NNS 08 Sep 2011 -- USS Tennessee hosted a crew split and an assumption of command ceremony Sept. 8 at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
- Panetta Assesses National Security Threats AFPS 07 Sep 2011 -- While terrorism remains a threat to national security, it is joined by cyber attacks, nuclear weapons capability and a number of rising powers among the world’s nations, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|