August 2011 - United States Special Weapons News
- Navy Announces Regulation Changes For Handbags, Nuclear Insignia NNS 30 Aug 2011 -- The Navy announced future regulation changes for female Sailors carrying handbags and nuclear weapons security insignia for enlisted personnel assigned to special weapons facilities in a message released Aug. 30.
- 20th EBS Airmen assume continuous bomber presence in Guam AFNS 26 Aug 2011 -- The 20th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron arrived to replace the 96th EBS in support of USPACOM's continuous bomber presence.
- Hazardous response platoon trains at unfinished nuclear power plant Army News 25 Aug 2011 -- Scenario for CBRN operations specialists assigned to the 23rd Chemical Battalion at the Satsop development project.
- Redstone Reaches 70 Years Of Service Army News 25 Aug 2011 -- On July 3, 1941, the War Department announced that a site on the southwestern edge of Huntsville had been selected as the location for a new chemical munitions manufacturing and storage plant.
- Officials Assess Damage After Rare Quake in Eastern US VOA 24 Aug 2011 -- Some Washington landmarks and schools are closed as authorities assess damage from rare earthquake.
- Obama holds conference call with top administration officials after quake RIA Novosti 24 Aug 2011 -- U.S. President Barack Obama has held a conference call with top officials in his administration to address a 5.8-strong earthquake that hit the East Coast.
- Earthquake Shakes Eastern US VOA 23 Aug 2011 -- A 5.8 magnitude earthquake has rocked much of the U.S. east coast, shaking buildings and sending panicked office workers into the streets in places like Washington.
- U.S. Sends First Representative To Nagasaki Commemorations RFE/RL 09 Aug 2011 -- For the first time, the US this year has sent an official to the annual commemorations of the atomic bombing of the city of Nagasaki.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|