Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2011 - United States Special Weapons News
- Secretary Clinton Remarks At the Conference on Disarmament US Dept. of State 28 Feb 2011
- U.S. reiterates call for further arms reduction talks with Russia RIA Novosti 24 Feb 2011 -- The U.S. administration is ready to conduct talks with Russia on further nuclear arms reductions, including non-strategic weapons, a senior State Department official said.
- New START Awards DoD 18 Feb 2011
- US, Russia to begin data exchange under START in March RIA Novosti 17 Feb 2011 -- The US and Russia will hold their first information exchange on nuclear stockpiles under the START on March 22.
- U.S. ready to discuss further arms reduction with Russia RIA Novosti 17 Feb 2011 -- The US is ready to discuss further arms reduction efforts with Russia, including tactical nuclear weapons.
- U.S. to expand civilian nuclear cooperation with Russia RIA Novosti 17 Feb 2011 -- The US will continue to expand its civilian nuclear cooperation with Russia, including reactor development and security of radioactive materials.
- CBRNE command zeros in on ever-changing threats Army News 17 Feb 2011 -- Sixth annual Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and High-Yield Explosives Defense Summit underway.
- US confirms $50 mln for Ukraine's nuclear security RIA Novosti 16 Feb 2011 -- The US has officially confirmed that it will render Ukraine $50 million to support the country's nuclear security program.
- Russian, U.S. generals to discuss nuclear terrorism in Lisbon RIA Novosti 16 Feb 2011 -- Russian and U.S. generals will meet in Lisbon in June to discuss cooperation in fighting nuclear terrorism.
- Navy Team a World Leader in Nuclear Radiological Detection NNS 16 Feb 2011 -- Naval Postgraduate School experimental team on the cutting edge of network-controlled maritime stand-off nuclear radiological threat detection.
- Third Meeting of the U.S.-Ukraine Strategic Partnership Commission US Dept. of State 15 Feb 2011
- Boeing and Fluor Team to Pursue Sandia National Laboratories Contract Boeing 15 Feb 2011 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Fluor Corp. [NYSE: FLR] have formed a team to pursue a contract to manage and operate the Sandia National Laboratories if the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) decides to hold a competition.
- Nuclear policy official visits Malmstrom AFNS 11 Feb 2011 -- The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Defense Programs obtained a close-up view of the Air Force's nuclear deterrence mission while visiting with Airmen and local civic leaders Feb. 6 through 8 here.
- Depot reaches halfway point in HD mustard disposal campaign Army News 08 Feb 2011 -- The Umatilla Chemical Depot (UMCD) reached the halfway point in its last disposal campaign on Feb. 5, 2011, when the Umatilla Chemical Agent Disposal Facility (UMCDF) destroyed the 1,318th ton container (TC) from the depot stockpile.
- Russia, U.S. complete new START ratification RIA Novosti 05 Feb 2011 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Saturday exchanged the instruments of ratification for the New START arms reduction treaty and the document came into effect.
- New START treaty 'lays foundation' for Russia-U.S. cooperation - Lavrov RIA Novosti 05 Feb 2011 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the ratification of the New START arms reduction treaty will increase international stability and promote Russian-U.S. cooperation.
- US-Russia START Treaty Gore Into Effect VOA 05 Feb 2011 -- The New START nuclear weapons treaty between the United States and Russia has taken effect. The agreement will reduce both countries’ stockpiles of strategic arms, and will reinstate mutual inspections.
- United States to hold talks on tactical nuclear weapons with Russia RIA Novosti 03 Feb 2011 -- The US expects to hold talks with Russia on tactical nuclear weapons within a year after New START comes into force.
- Obama signs New START ratification documents RIA Novosti 03 Feb 2011 -- US President Barack Obama signed ratification papers for the New START arms reduction pact.
- Message from the President on the New START Treaty The White House 02 Feb 2011
- Letter from the President on the New START Treaty The White House 02 Feb 2011
- New START Treaty to Take Effect Feb. 5 AFPS 02 Feb 2011 -- With President Barack Obama scheduled to sign the new strategic arms reduction treaty with Russia, the stage will be set for formal exchange of papers.
- Obama Signs Nuclear Treaty VOA 02 Feb 2011 -- President Barack Obama has signed the New START strategic arms reduction treaty with Russia. The treaty is to take effect by the end of the week.
- U.S. President Signs New Nuclear Deal With Russia RFE/RL 02 Feb 2011 -- U.S. President Barack Obama has signed ratification documents for a new nuclear disarmament treaty with Russia.
- U.S. president to sign START treaty ratification papers Wednesday RIA Novosti 02 Feb 2011 -- US President Obama will sign ratification documents for a new Russia-US strategic arms reduction deal.
- Global Strike mission continues during winter storm AFNS 01 Feb 2011 -- While Americans face hazardous conditions, it is wintertime business as usual at most Air Force Global Strike Command bases.
- Alabama's Gold Crew Completes Patrol, Returns Home To Bangor NNS 01 Feb 2011 -- USS Alabama's Gold Crew returned home to Naval Base Kitsap-Bangor, Wash., Jan. 27.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list