Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 March 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Russia Using TikTok to Push Pro-Moscow Narrative on Ukraine VOA 30 Mar 2023 -- New data is suggesting at least some U.S. adversaries are taking advantage of the hugely popular TikTok video-sharing app for influence operations.
- Russia Calls for Probe Into Bucha Events, Asks UN for List of Victims Sputnik 30 Mar 2023 -- Russia is calling for an independent investigation into the last year events in the city of Bucha, near Kiev, and calls on the United Nations to publish a list of the victims, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Thursday.
- Russian Air Defense Shots Down Ukraine's Grom-2 Missile, Defense Ministry Says Sputnik 30 Mar 2023 -- The Russian air defense systems have intercepted Ukraine's new Grom-2 operational-tactical missile for the first time, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Thursday.
- Washington Ignoring Situation in Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, Russian Ambassador to US Says Sputnik 30 Mar 2023 -- The United States should pay attention to the situation in the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (Kiev Monastery of the Caves), and not engage in moralizing about democracy, Russian Ambassador to Washington Anatoly Antonov said.
- 'Field Wife': Officers Make Life Hell For Women In Russia's Military, A Female Medic Says RFE/RL 30 Mar 2023 -- "Sometimes it seems like someone is walking outside the window," said Margarita, a Russian military medic who has been on medical leave in Belgorod for the past two months receiving psychiatric treatment following her service in Russia's war in Ukraine. "Sometimes objects seem to move. Or it as if someone is sitting on me. I have constant nightmares and panic attacks."
- Update 152 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 30 Mar 2023 -- The Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Mariano Grossi, said his visit to Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) this week had confirmed his assessment of the seriousness of the nuclear safety and security situation at Europe's largest such facility at a time of increased military activity in the region.
- Invocation of the OSCE Moscow Mechanism to Examine Reports of the Russian Federation's Forcible Transfer and Deportation of Ukraine's Children US Dept. of State 30 Mar 2023 -- The United States and 44 other countries, with the support of Ukraine, invoked the Organization of Security and Cooperation in Europe's (OSCE) Moscow Mechanism requesting that the OSCE's Office of Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) establish an expert mission to examine allegations of the forced transfer of children in those parts of Ukraine's territory temporarily controlled or occupied by Russia, as well as allegations that Ukraine's children have been deported to the Russian Federation.
- War in Ukraine - Military support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 30 Mar 2023 -- Germany provides support for Ukraine by supplying equipment and weapons, these come from supplies of the Federal Arms Forces and from deliveries from industry financed from the Federal Government's funds for security capacity building. An overview.
- How Sweden is working to hold Russia accountable for crimes in Ukraine Government Offices of Sweden 30 Mar 2023 -- Holding Russia accountable for its violations of international law is a key issue for the Swedish Government. It is essential for justice and redress, both for Ukraine as a State and for the victims of Russia's war crimes, but also to maintain the rules-based world order. Sweden is backing several initiatives in this area.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list