18 March 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.2022 to 18.03.2023 Ukraine MOD 18 Mar 2023
- Russia Launches Fresh Wave Of Drone Strikes In Ukraine After ICC Issues Arrest Warrant For Putin RFE/RL 18 Mar 2023 -- Ukraine said Russia launched drone strikes in several areas of the country overnight after the International Criminal Court (ICC) announced it had issued an arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin for alleged war crimes.
- 'Not Enough': Ukrainians React To ICC Arrest Warrant, War Crimes Charges Against Putin For Illegal Deportations Of Ukrainian Children RFE/RL 18 Mar 2023 -- Ukrainians have reacted with a mix of support and skepticism to news that the International Criminal Court (ICC) has issued warrants for the arrest of Russian President Vladimir Putin and a Russian children's rights official for their roles in alleged war crimes relating to the illegal transfers and deportations of children from occupied Ukrainian territories to Russia.
- When Ukraine defends itself, when the power of justice are restored on our land, it will guarantee peace for many other parts of the world as well - address of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 18 Mar 2023
- Sanctions against Russia are working, but there are opportunities to toughen them - study conducted by Yermak-McFaul International Expert Group jointly with KSE experts President of Ukraine 18 Mar 2023
- Representatives of Ukraine and the United States discussed repelling aggression President of Ukraine 18 Mar 2023
- Vladimir Putin visited Sevastopol President of Russia 18 Mar 2023 -- On the Day of Crimea and Sevastopol's Reunification with Russia, Vladimir Putin visited Tauric Chersonesos historical archaeological park.
- Putin visits Crimea on annexation anniversary after ICC arrest warrant Press TV 18 Mar 2023 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has made an unannounced visit to Crimea, which joined Russia in a 2014 referendum, to mark the ninth anniversary of the Black Sea peninsula's declared independence from Ukraine.
- Putin Visits Crimea On Anniversary Of Annexation As Ukraine's Allies Condemn Action RFE/RL 18 Mar 2023 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin visited Crimea on March 18 to mark the ninth anniversary of Russia's annexation of the peninsula from Ukraine as allies of Kyiv in the fight against the Russian invasion issued statements condemning the annexation.
- Putin Visits Crimea to Mark 9th Anniversary of Its Reunification With Russia Sputnik 18 Mar 2023 -- A nationwide referendum was held in Crimea and Sevastopol nine years ago, on March 16, 2014. At the time, over 95% of the voters were in favor of reunification with Russia, rejoining the homeland after decades of severance.
- Russia Agreed to Extend Grain Deal Only for 60 Days, Moscow Stresses Sputnik 18 Mar 2023 -- Russia has agreed to extend the Black Sea Grain Initiative for 60 days instead of 120, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told Sputnik on Saturday, adding that all parties to the grain deal have been notified.
- Black Sea Grain Deal Should Run At Its Full Potential, Russia Says Sanctions Need Lifting Sputnik 18 Mar 2023 -- The Black Sea Grain deal should run at its full potential, Olof Skoog, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to the UN said on Friday.
- Black Sea Grain Deal Extended, Russia Says for 60 Days VOA 18 Mar 2023 -- The United Nations confirmed that the deal to export Ukrainian grain from Black Sea ports, which was due to expire Saturday, has been extended, but it did not say for how long.
- Biden Welcomes ICC Arrest Warrant for Putin, Says Russian Leader 'Clearly Committed War Crimes' RFE/RL 18 Mar 2023 -- U.S. President Joe Biden has said the International Criminal Court (ICC) decision to issue an arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin for war crimes is "justified."
- UN Says Black Sea Grain Export Deal Extended, But Ukraine, Russia Disagree Over How Long RFE/RL 18 Mar 2023 -- The Black Sea Grain Initiative - a deal allowing the safe passage of grain exports through Ukraine's ports on the Black Sea - has been extended following days of talks, but Ukraine and Russia disagree over the length of the extension.
- Black Sea Grain Initiative extended on deadline day UN News 18 Mar 2023 -- The Black Sea Grain Initiative, a UN-brokered deal aimed at supplying markets with food and fertilizer amid global shortages and rising prices, exacerbated by the Ukraine war, was extended on Saturday, the day it was due to expire.
- British Defense Ministry: Russia Likely Preparing for Wider Conscription VOA 18 Mar 2023 -- Russia is "likely" gearing up to cast a wider net to increase its military forces, according to the British Defense Ministry's daily Intelligence update on Ukraine.
- IMF Changes Seen Opening Path for New Ukraine Loan VOA 18 Mar 2023 -- The International Monetary Fund said Friday its executive board has approved changes to its financing policy aimed at countries facing "exceptionally high uncertainty."
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|