11 March 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.2022 to 11.03.2023 Ukraine MOD 11 Mar 2023
- Ukrainian Fighters Cling To West Side Of Bakhmut As Russians Claim Advances RFE/RL 11 Mar 2023 -- Russian mercenary fighters claim they are closing in on the center of Bakhmut, but British military experts say the brutal, monthslong combat in and around the eastern Ukrainian city has taken a staggering toll on the invading forces, making it "highly challenging" for the group to maintain its bloody offensive in the near term.
- In Bakhmut, Russia Controls East, Ukraine Controls West VOA 11 Mar 2023 -- Russia's Wagner Group is in control of the eastern portion of the Ukrainian city of Bakhmut, while Ukrainian forces are holding on to the western part, according to an intelligence update Saturday from the British Defense Ministry.
- Russia has become a synonym for terror and will become an example of defeat and fair punishment - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 11 Mar 2023
- Ukraine to Receive Leopard 1 Tanks From Denmark, Germany, Netherlands in May: Minister Sputnik 11 Mar 2023 -- The first batch of Leopard 1 tanks from Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands will be handed over to Ukraine in early May, acting Danish Defense Minister Troels Lund Poulsen said on Saturday.
- Ukraine seeks to end conflict with Russia this year: defense minister's advisor People's Daily 11 Mar 2023 -- Yuriy Sak, an advisor to the Ukrainian Defense Minister, said Friday that Kiev and its partners aim to put an end to the Russia-Ukraine conflict this year, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.
- New Russian R-37M Missile Shows High Efficiency Against Ukrainian Air Targets - Source Sputnik 11 Mar 2023 -- The new Russian R-37M air-to-air missile has shown the highest combat effectiveness during its use as part of Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, an informed source told Sputnik.
- 'No Body, No Payment': Wagner Mercenary Deaths Being Hidden From Families Back In Russia RFE/RL 11 Mar 2023 -- The first time that Vitaly Votanovsky was contacted to find out the fate of someone fighting in Ukraine for the notorious Wagner mercenary company was in November 2022.
- Pentagon seeks $300 billion to replenish depleted munitions sent to Ukraine: Report Press TV 11 Mar 2023 -- The US Department of Defense has planned to seek a huge budget to replenish the arms and munitions the Pentagon sent to Ukraine, where Moscow says it's fighting a proxy war against Russia.
- Ukraine example helps NGO civil defense programs gain traction CNA 11 Mar 2023 -- Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine officially entered its second year in late February 2023. Far from the expectations of Russian President Vladimir Putin and outside analysts, Ukraine has put up a stronger fight than anyone expected.
- Could Myanmar Be Implicated in Russia's War Against Ukraine? VOA 11 Mar 2023 -- Russia is trying to buy "anything, anywhere"â€”including from Southeast Asian countries like Myanmar to get weapons for its invasion of Ukraineâ€”according to the head of Ukraine's defense intelligence Kyrylo Budanov.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|