Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
10 March 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Wagner Chief Says All Russian Troops In Ukraine Need More Ammunition RFE/RL 10 Mar 2023 -- Kremlin-linked businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin, a co-founder and owner of the mercenary group Wagner, says that not only his troops but all of the Russian forces involved in the fierce monthslong fight to take the eastern Ukrainian city of Bakhmut are suffering from shortages of ammunition.
- EU Defence Ministers discussed further support to Ukraine, tabled joint ammunition procurement in Sweden Czech Republic Ministry of Defence & Armed Forces 10 Mar 2023 -- On March 7-8th, Stockholm was the venue to an informal meeting of Defence Ministers of European Union Member States.
- Prime Minister Marin in Kyiv: Ukraine's future lies firmly in Europe Finnish Government 10 Mar 2023 -- Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin visited Ukraine at the invitation of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal.
- Finland supports Ukraine in assessment and documentation of environmental damages and in rebuilding Finnish Government 10 Mar 2023 -- On Friday 10 March, Minister of the Environment and Climate Change Maria Ohisalo signed two memorandums of understanding with the Ukrainian Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources, Ministry of Infrastructure and Ministry of Communities and Territories Development.
- Finland responds to Ukraine's requests for support Finnish Government 10 Mar 2023 -- Ukraine has requested support from Finland, particularly to meet the immediate and longer-term needs related to education, the environment and radiation safety. Finland will provide Ukraine with EUR 29 million in humanitarian assistance and development cooperation support.
- Norway provides Ukraine with NASAMS ground-based air defence system Government of Norway 10 Mar 2023 -- Norway will provide Ukraine with two complete NASAMS firing units in cooperation with the United States. - Ukraine has a critical need to defend itself against missile attacks, and Norway will assist, says Norway's minister of defence, Mr. BjÃ¸rn Arild Gram.
- Live-fire training vital for Ukrainian recruits Australia DOD 10 Mar 2023 -- Accuracy and lethality were paramount for the Armed Forces of Ukraine recruits during their live-fire training in the UK.
- Xi Must Call Zelensky if China Wants Peace for Russia, Ukraine, Says Canadian FM Sputnik 10 Mar 2023 -- If China wants to bring peace between Russia and Ukraine, the country's president Xi Jinping must call his Ukraine counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskyy to hear his vision of a sustainable peace, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly said on Friday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list