30 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 30.01.23 Ukraine MOD 30 Jan 2023
- The enemy seeks revanche, but we are confident in our army and expect powerful decisions from partners - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 30 Jan 2023
- President of Ukraine: I believe that together with Denmark we will manage to bring peace and development back to Mykolaiv and the entire region President of Ukraine 30 Jan 2023
- Russian terror must lose everywhere and in everything - both on the battlefield and in the absence of ruins in our country - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 30 Jan 2023
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Mette Frederiksen's visit is a symbol of Denmark's unwavering and powerful support for Ukraine's struggle for freedom and common European values President of Ukraine 30 Jan 2023
- In Mykolaiv, the Head of State and the Prime Minister of Denmark examined the infrastructure destroyed by the Russian aggressor President of Ukraine 30 Jan 2023
- President held a meeting on the current situation in the Mykolaiv region President of Ukraine 30 Jan 2023
- Russia Claims Slight Gains As Zelenskiy Hosts Danish PM RFE/RL 30 Jan 2023 -- Russian forces say they have made slight territorial gains in intense fighting in Ukraine's east amid reports Moscow has moved additional forces to the Kursk region on the border with Ukraine to protect the frontier and ensure security.
- Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova on the decision of the European Court of Human Rights in the case Ukraine and the Netherlands v. Russia Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 30 Jan 2023
- Biden Says No to F-16 Fighter Jets for Ukraine VOA 30 Jan 2023 -- U.S. President Joe Biden said the United States would not provide F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine, as Kyiv seeks more sophisticated weapons to fight off Russia's invasion.
- Biden Says U.S. Will Not Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine; Macron Appears More Open To Idea RFE/RL 30 Jan 2023 -- U.S. President Joe Biden on January 30 said the United States will not send F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine even as French President Emmanuel Macron said France doesn't exclude sending them if certain conditions are met.
- Secretary General meets Ukrainian Parliament Human Rights Commissioner Dmytro Lubinets Council of Europe 30 Jan 2023 -- Secretary General Marija PejÄinoviÄ BuriÄ today met with Dmytro Lubinets, the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights, for an exchange on current human rights challenges in the country.
- Outgoing Czech President Says Serbia Can Be Mediator In Ukraine Conflict RFE/RL 30 Jan 2023 -- Outgoing Czech President Milos Zeman has said Serbia's refusal to impose sanctions on Russia could be an advantage for the possible role of mediator in the war in Ukraine.
- German chancellor says Berlin has no plan to supply Kiev with fighter jets Press TV 30 Jan 2023 -- Germany says it will not supply Ukraine with warplanes, despite Kiev's constant appeals for more weapons and faster deliveries as a supposed means of enabling it to continue the war with Russia.
- France, Australia announce deal to jointly produce artillery shells for Ukraine, despite Russia's warnings Press TV 30 Jan 2023 -- France and Australia have announced a joint initiative to produce 155-mm artillery shells for Ukraine amid the ex-Soviet republic's ongoing war with Russia.
- Second France-Australia Foreign and Defence Ministerial Consultations Australia MFA 30 Jan 2023 -- The second Australia-France Foreign and Defence Ministerial Consultations reflected the shared commitment to restore a dynamic bilateral relationship founded on trust and shared interests, in line with the priorities agreed by the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, and Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese during their meeting on 1 July 2022.
- Iran condemns anti-Iranian comments by Ukrainian official as "suspicious" IRNA 30 Jan 2023 -- Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Monday that "hostile and provocative" stances of an advisor to the Ukrainian presidential office about a recent attack on a facility in central Iran are "suspicious".
- Iran summons Ukraine charge d'affaires IRNA 30 Jan 2023 -- Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned Ukrainian charge d'affaires to Tehran on Monday following "strange and biased" stances of an advisor to the country's presidential office on a recent terrorist attack against a facility in central Iran.
- Iran summons Ukraine envoy over remarks on foiled drone attack in Isfahan Press TV 30 Jan 2023 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry has summoned the Ukrainian envoy over controversial remarks made by the senior adviser to Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky on a recent foiled drone attack in the central Iranian city of Isfahan.
- Human Rights Watch: Ukrainian Forces May Have Used Banned Mines VOA 30 Jan 2023 -- Human rights researchers say they've documented "numerous cases" in which Ukrainian forces fired banned anti-personnel mines at Russian military positions in the fierce battle for the eastern city of Izium last year.
- Wider Europe Briefing: Sending Leopards To Ukraine Is About More Than Tanks; Plus, Hungary's Habit Of Horse-Trading RFE/RL 30 Jan 2023
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|