25 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 25.01.23 Ukraine MOD 25 Jan 2023
- Kyiv Says Forces Outnumbered, Battling 'Intensifying' Russian Attacks Near Bakhmut RFE/RL 25 Jan 2023 -- A Ukrainian deputy defense minister said on January 25 that Russian forces are "intensifying" their attacks near Bakhmut in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine and warned that Moscow had a "superior number of soldiers and weapons" in what has become a hot spot in the 11-month-old invasion.
- We must form a tank fist of freedom whose hits will not let tyranny stand up again - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 25 Jan 2023
- Andriy Yermak introduced Deputy Head of the Presidential Office Oleksiy Kuleba to the RMA representatives President of Ukraine 25 Jan 2023
- President of Ukraine met with UN High Commissioner for Refugees President of Ukraine 25 Jan 2023
- Head of the Presidential Office had a phone call with National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister of India President of Ukraine 25 Jan 2023
- Ukraine, Asia Drove 50% Increase in FY22 Arms Sales DoD News 25 Jan 2023 -- The Defense Security Cooperation Agency last year saw a substantial increase in the arms sales it administers, including arms purchased directly by partner nations with their own funds and sales funded through the Foreign Military Financing program.
- Russia says US battle tanks will 'burn' in Ukraine, calls it 'waste of money' Press TV 25 Jan 2023 -- Russia says heavy battle tanks the United States plans to send to Ukraine "will burn" in the ex-Soviet republic, dismissing the move as an expensive folly.
- Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine - January 25, 2023 DOD
- Remarks by President Biden on Continued Support for Ukraine The White House 25 Jan 2023
- Biden Administration Announces Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 25 Jan 2023 -- "Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the procurement of Abrams tanks for Ukraine via the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI), to support Ukraine's defense against Russian aggression."
- Biden Announces Abrams Tanks to be Delivered to Ukraine< DoD News 25 Jan 2023 -- President Joe Biden announced today that the United States will provide Ukraine with 31 M1 Abrams tanks. That is the required number to equip an entire Ukraine tank battalion.
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on U.S. Support to Ukraine The White House 25 Jan 2023
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Call With Ukrainian Minister of Defence Oleksii Reznikov DoD 25 Jan 2023
- Secretary General meets Oleksandra Matviichuk, pledges full support to Ukrainian civil society Council of Europe 25 Jan 2023 -- Secretary General Marija PejÄinoviÄ BuriÄ has pledged full support to Ukraine during a meeting with Oleksandra Matviichuk from the country's Centre for Civil Liberties.
- Armor Up: US, Germany Sending Top-End Tanks to Ukraine VOA 25 Jan 2023 -- Russian forces looking to go on a springtime offensive in Ukraine will be met by more Ukrainian armor and firepower, following an agreement between the United States and Germany to bolster Kyiv's capabilities with some of the world's most lethal and coveted tanks.
- Western Tanks A 'Vital Part Of Recipe' As Ukraine Seeks To Drive Out Russian Forces RFE/RL 25 Jan 2023 -- After weeks of intense pressure from NATO allies and Kyiv, Germany has agreed to donate Leopard 2 advanced battle tanks to Ukraine as the latter prepares for a spring offensive against Russian forces.
- US, Germany poised to send tanks to Ukraine despite Russia's warning Press TV 25 Jan 2023 -- The United States and Germany have agreed to send their most advanced tanks to Ukraine, indicating a broad shift in the mood of Western countries, which had so far avoided sending heavy weaponry to Kiev and escalating with Russia.
- U.S., Germany To Send Tanks To Ukraine In The Face Of Moscow's Warnings; Kyiv Says 'Speed' Is Key RFE/RL 25 Jan 2023 -- The United States and Germany have announced plans to send dozens of advanced battle tanks to Ukraine following intense debate and pressure from NATO allies to respond positively to Kyiv's calls for as many as 300 tanks to help it repel Russia's 11-month-old full-scale invasion.
- PM call with leaders of US, Germany, France & Italy: 25 January 2023 Gov.UK 25 Jan 2023 -- The Prime Minister spoke to the leaders of the United States, Germany, France and Italy this afternoon.
- Russia has chosen a path of depravity over humanity: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 25 Jan 2023 -- Ian Stubbs (UK delegation) says Putin's horrific war of choice has created a legacy for which millions will be forced to bear the cost of for years to come.
- European Rights Court Clears Way For MH17 Case Targeting Russian Disinformation RFE/RL 25 Jan 2023 -- Europe's top human rights court has agreed to hear a Dutch case against Russian disinformation following the shooting down eight years ago of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine, an incident that killed 298 people from around a dozen countries.
- Russia Adds Ukraine-Based Fugitive Ex-Lawmaker Ponomaryov To Terrorist List RFE/RL 25 Jan 2023 -- Ilya Ponomaryov, a former member of the Russian parliament's lower chamber, the State Duma, has been added to the Interior Ministry's list of terrorists and extremists.
- Volodymyr Yermolenko: Russian Culture Has No Alternative To Imperialism RFE/RL 25 Jan 2023 -- Volodymyr Yermolenko is a Ukrainian philosopher, essayist, and editor in chief of Ukraine World, which bills itself as an English-language multimedia project about Ukraine. He often writes about Ukrainian identity. His 2022 article in Foreign Policy, From Pushkin To Putin: Russian Literature's Imperial Ideology, provoked much debate.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|