23 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 23.01.23 Ukraine MOD 23 Jan 2023
- Senior Military Official Holds a Background Briefing DOD 23 Jan 2023
- Official Details Situation in Ukraine DoD News 23 Jan 2023 -- The situation in Ukraine remains largely static, but there are bloody battles as Russian forces try to take Bakhmut and Ukrainian forces continue offensives against the Russian position near Kreminna, a senior defense official said speaking on background.
- Officials will no longer be able to travel abroad for non-governmental purposes - President's address President of Ukraine 23 Jan 2023
- Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine had a phone call with the U.S. President's National Security Advisor President of Ukraine 23 Jan 2023
- Andriy Yermak discussed with representatives of partner countries the acceleration of the supply of equipment necessary for Ukraine to restore the energy system President of Ukraine 23 Jan 2023
- In the process of rebuilding Ukraine, American business will once again be able to demonstrate the power of free entrepreneurship - Andriy Yermak at the meeting of the National Association of State Chambers President of Ukraine 23 Jan 2023
- After the end of the war, American business can become a locomotive of global economic growth - President of Ukraine's address to the participants of the meeting of the National Association of State Chambers President of Ukraine 23 Jan 2023
- Ukraine's SBU Responsible For Killing Of Banker Who Was Conduit For Russian Intelligence, Says Intel Chief RFE/RL 23 Jan 2023 -- Ukrainian security agents were responsible for killing a Ukrainian banker who reportedly served as a crucial information conduit and negotiator with Russia in the run-up to last year's invasion, a top intelligence official said.
- Russia: Ukraine uses nuclear power plants to stockpile Western-supplied arms Press TV 23 Jan 2023 -- Amid an ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) says Kiev uses nuclear power plants throughout its territory to stockpile Western-supplied weapons.
- Ukraine Stockpiling Weapons Provided by West on Territories of NPP - Russian Foreign Intel Sputnik 23 Jan 2023 -- There is reliable evidence that Ukrainian army is stockpiling weapons and ammunition provided by the West on the territories of nuclear power plants, Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) Director Sergey Naryshkin said on Monday.
- Kremlin on NATO Talks of Supply of Tanks to Ukraine: Anxiety Among Alliance Members Grows Sputnik 23 Jan 2023 -- There is a growing anxiety among the members of the NATO military alliance, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday.
- UN Official Says Evidence Of War Crimes Against Children In Ukraine RFE/RL 23 Jan 2023 -- One of the independent members of the recently established UN Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine says investigators have found evidence of war crimes, including sexual abuse of children, during Moscow's invasion of Ukraine, with the "vast majority" of offenses having been committed by Russian troops.
- EU Slaps New Sanctions on Iran, Mulls More Against Russia VOA 23 Jan 2023 -- European Union foreign ministers slapped a fourth round of sanctions against Iran, discussed a possible 10th sanctions package against Russia, and agreed to more than $540 million in new military spending for Ukraine.
- Wider Europe Briefing: Will The EU Slap More Sanctions On Belarus? And What To Look Out For At The EU-Ukraine Summit RFE/RL 23 Jan 2023
- Foreign Affairs Council: Remarks by High Representative Josep Borrell at the press conference European External Action Service (EEAS) 23 Jan 2023 -- Check against delivery!
- Foreign Affairs Council: Remarks by High Representative Josep Borrell upon arrival European External Action Service (EEAS) 23 Jan 2023 -- Check against delivery!
- Berlin Will 'Not Stand in the Way' If Poland Opts to Send Tanks to Ukraine, Baerbock Says Sputnik 23 Jan 2023 -- German intransigence on the issue of sending its Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine, despite increasing US and NATO pressure, has riled both Washington and Kiev. Ukraine's president, Volodymyr Zelensky, has been demanding that they be allocated armored vehicles for offensive operations for several months.
- Poland Considering Sending Tanks to Ukraine Even Without Express German Approval VOA 23 Jan 2023 -- Poland's prime minister said Monday that his country is building a coalition of nations ready to send German-made Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine even if Germany does not give formal permission for such transfers.
- Poland to ask for Germany's permission to send Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine Press TV 23 Jan 2023 -- Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki says he will submit a request to Germany for permission to send heavy tanks to Ukraine, now that Berlin has given Warsaw the green light to proceed.
- Poland Says It Could Give Ukraine Tanks Without German Green Light As Fighting Rages In Donbas RFE/RL 23 Jan 2023 -- Poland said on January 23 that it could deliver Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine as part of a coalition of countries even without Berlin's approval for the re-export of the German-made tank as Ukrainian forces staved off fresh waves of Russian attacks in the east.
- The President in Poland: We have to give all the necessary support for the fighting Ukraine President of the Republic of Lithuania 23 Jan 2023 -- On Monday, President Gitanas NausÄ—da met with Polish President Andrzej Duda in Warsaw where the two leaders discussed regional security, support for Ukraine, and preparations for the NATO Summit in Vilnius this July.
- Three More Belarusian 'Railway Guerrillas' On Trial For Trying To Derail Russian Military Moves RFE/RL 23 Jan 2023 -- Three more Belarusian activists who were arrested for allegedly damaging railways in the country to disrupt the supply of Russian arms and troops to Ukraine have gone on trial in the eastern city of Mahilyou.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|