21 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 21.01.23 Ukraine MOD 21 Jan 2023
- Ukraine Fights On Amid 'Resiliency' Test And Western Tank Debate RFE/RL 21 Jan 2023 -- Ukraine's military on January 21 cited ongoing fighting in the east of the country after Russia claimed to capture a village in the area, while Western officials offered more help but also tested Ukrainian "resiliency" as Russia's full-scale conflict approached its 12th month.
- US advises Ukraine to wait on offensive against Russia: Official Press TV 21 Jan 2023 -- A senior Biden administration official said Washington has advised Ukraine to hold off on launching a major offensive against Russian forces until the latest supply of US weaponry is ready and training has been provided.
- Report: US Recommends Kiev Not to Cling to Bakhmut, Prepare for Counteroffensive Sputnik 21 Jan 2023 -- The United States recommends that Kiev not cling to defending the town of Bakhmut and instead focus on undertaking a major counteroffensive against advancing Russian forces, French media reported, citing a senior US official.
- Zelenskiy Attends Memorial Service For Ukrainian Interior Minister, Other Victims Of Helicopter Crash RFE/RL 21 Jan 2023 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy attended a memorial service on January 21 for senior Ukrainian government officials killed earlier this week in a helicopter crash.
- Black Sea Grain Exports Still Facing Obstacles, Zelenskiy Tells Agriculture Ministers RFE/RL 21 Jan 2023 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has called for the removal of obstructions that he said continue to disrupt food exports from his country's Black Sea ports.
- Ukrainian Crews Will Be In Britain 'Soon' For Training On Challenger 2 Tanks, Says Kyiv's Envoy RFE/RL 21 Jan 2023 -- Kyiv's ambassador to London, Vadym Prystaiko, says Ukrainian tank crews "will arrive soon" in the United Kingdom to begin training to operate the Challenger 2 tanks, which British officials have pledged to provide Ukraine's defenders.
- Every day we lose people whom we will always remember and regret they're not coming back - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 21 Jan 2023
- The world needs more determination and cooperation to stop the tyrant who tries to use famine as his tool - address of President of Ukraine to Berlin Agriculture Ministers' Conference participants President of Ukraine 21 Jan 2023
- Andriy Yermak briefs US senators on situation at front, strengthening of Ukrainian army President of Ukraine 21 Jan 2023
- Press release on implementation of the Istanbul agreements Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 21 Jan 2023
- New Package Of Military Aid Gives Ukraine Ready-To-Use Equipment, Pentagon Spokesman Says RFE/RL 21 Jan 2023 -- The latest package of military support for Ukraine from its Western allies is focused on providing combat capability that Ukrainian forces can use immediately on the battlefield, the Pentagon's spokesman said on January 20 as the Ukraine Defense Contact Group met in Germany.
- News Comment: UNHCR's Grandi praises Moldova's role in supporting Ukrainian refugees UNHCR 21 Jan 2023
- UN refugee chief praises Moldova for opening the country to Ukrainians fleeing war UN News 21 Jan 2023 -- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees congratulated Moldova on Saturday, for its decision to initiate temporary protection for refugees fleeing Ukraine.
- Ukraine's allies rebuke Germany for refusing to send tanks to Kiev Press TV 21 Jan 2023 -- Germany faces backlash from NATO partners over its refusal to agree to sending German-made Leopard tanks to Ukraine amid unprecedented pressure mounting on the European heavyweight to do more to help Kiev.
- European Leadership Criticize Germany's Indecision on Tanks VOA 21 Jan 2023 -- Twitter lit up Saturday with European officials decrying Germany's indecision about sending Leopard tanks to Ukraine. Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkevics called on Germany to "provide Leopard tanks to Ukraine now."
- Germany postpones decision on Leopard tank delivery to Ukraine People's Daily 21 Jan 2023 -- Germany has yet to decide whether it will send German-made Leopard battle tanks to Ukraine.
- TÃ¼rkiye committed to assisting for peace over Ukraine crisis: president People's Daily 21 Jan 2023 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky discussed the latest development in the Ukraine crisis by phone on Friday, the Turkish presidential office said in a statement.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|