Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
19 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Deputy Pentagon Press Secretary Sabrina Singh Holds a Press Briefing DoD 19 Jan 2023
- Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine - January 19, 2023 DOD
- Memorandum on Delegation of Authority Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 The White House 19 Jan 2023
- Significant New U.S. Military Assistance to Ukraine US Dept. of State 19 Jan 2023 -- The United States is announcing a significant new security assistance package to help Ukraine continue to defend itself against Russia's brutal war.
- Biden Administration Announces Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 19 Jan 2023 -- Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance to meet Ukraine's critical security and defense needs. This authorization, which is valued at up to $2.5 billion, is the Biden Administration's thirtieth drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.
- Austin to Convene Meeting on Ukraine Defense DoD News 19 Jan 2023 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III will convene another meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group tomorrow at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. The meeting will be the eighth in a series of meetings, initiated in April 2022, to discuss current and future efforts to provide support to Ukraine in maintaining its sovereignty.
- US Authorizes $2.5 Billion in New Ukraine Military Aid Including Bradley, Stryker Vehicles Sputnik 19 Jan 2023 -- The Biden administration is authorizing a new $2.5 billion military aid package for Ukraine, including Bradley infantry fighting vehicles and Stryker armored personnel carriers among other equipment, the Defense Department (DoD) said in a statement.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Meeting With German Federal Minister of Defence Boris Pistorius DoD 19 Jan 2023
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III Remarks With German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius DoD 19 Jan 2023
- Austin Meets New German Defense Minister Ahead of Contact Group Gathering DoD News 19 Jan 2023 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III met with newly appointed German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius in Berlin today to discuss Russia's war with Ukraine and NATO issues and to chart the path forward for a bilateral U.S.-German defense relationship.
- US Warns China of Red Line in Ukraine War Ahead of Blinken Visit VOA 19 Jan 2023 -- The United States is warning China against material and security assistance to Russia in Moscow's war on Ukraine, laying out Washington's red line ahead of U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken's visit to Beijing early next month.
- Pentagon asks US forces in South Korea to supply equipment for Ukraine Press TV 19 Jan 2023 -- The Pentagon has asked US forces stationed in South Korea to provide equipment for Ukraine, almost a year after Russia launched a military offensive against the ex-Soviet republic.
- Western allies pledge fresh weapons for Ukraine despite Russia's warnings Press TV 19 Jan 2023 -- Ukraine's allies have promised Kiev a raft of new military aid worth billions of dollars despite Russia's warnings against arming the former Soviet republic.
- Ukraine: Statement by High Representative on Russia's misuse of the Holocaust in its current aggression European External Action Service (EEAS) 19 Jan 2023 -- Contemporary Europe was built on the ashes of the Holocaust; it is a defining, terrible legacy of European history. This is why next week, we will commemorate the annual International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- Joint Statement - The Tallinn Pledge UK MOD 19 Jan 2023 -- A joint statement by the defence ministers of Estonia, the United Kingdom, Poland, Latvia and Lithuania; and the representatives of Denmark, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and Slovakia.
- Poland in favor of continued military support for defending Ukraine Republic of Poland 19 Jan 2023 -- On Thursday, January 19, took place a video conference which was participated by representatives of countries supporting Ukraine: including Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. It was attended also by the Secretary of Defense of the United Kingdom. Tomorrow, a meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group, which brings together more than 50 countries, including NATO Allies, will be held in Ramstein.
- There is mounting evidence of war crimes committed by Russian forces: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 19 Jan 2023 -- Ambassador Neil Bush says that the sheer destruction and dire humanitarian impact caused by Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine is both shocking and appalling.
- Berlin to allow tank exports to Ukraine if US sends its own: Report Press TV 19 Jan 2023 -- Germany says it will approve the transfer of German-made tanks to Ukraine only if the United States agrees to send its own tanks to Kiev, according to a report.
- War in Ukraine - Military support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 19 Jan 2023 -- Germany provides support for Ukraine by supplying equipment and weapons, these come from supplies of the Federal Arms Forces and from deliveries from industry financed from the Federal Government's funds for security capacity building. An overview.
- President and Ministerial Committee on Foreign and Security Policy discuss EU assistance operation in support of Ukraine, international law issues related to the war of aggression, and negotiations on a defence cooperation agreement between Finland and the United States Finnish Government 19 Jan 2023
- Review of Ukrainians in Finland: Ukrainians will continue to be an important immigrant group Finnish Government 19 Jan 2023 -- In November and December, E2 Research conducted a review of what Ukrainians who have fled to Finland think about their life and what kind of plans they have. This was done to deepen and update the information obtained from the report compiled by the Ministry of the Interior in the summer.
- France Mulls Sending Leclerc Tanks to Ukraine, Media Reports Sputnik 19 Jan 2023 -- France is considering sending its own Leclerc battle tanks to Ukraine and may make a decision after a joint ministerial meeting with Germany, the American newspaper reported on Thursday, citing an unnamed French politician.
- Heavy advanced weapons to Ukraine Government Offices of Sweden 19 Jan 2023 -- The Government today presented a large three-part support package to Ukraine. The package includes a procurement cooperation scheme, instructions to the Swedish Armed Forces to prepare the transfer of the Archer Artillery System, and the largest defence equipment package to date. This includes recoilless rifles with ammunition, anti-tank weapons, assault rifles, mine clearance equipment, Combat Vehicle 90 (CV90) with ammunition, and light anti-armour weapon Robot 57 (NLAW), worth SEK 4.3 billion.
- Farewell for soldiers deploying to train Ukrainians Australia DOD 19 Jan 2023 -- The first contingent of Australian troops to train Ukrainian recruits in the United Kingdom as part of Operation Kudu was farewelled on January 18.
- Readout of Chief of the Defence Staff General Wayne Eyre's Participation in Military Committee in Chiefs of Defence Session Canada 19 Jan 2023
- Canada to donate 200 additional armoured vehicles to Ukraine People's Daily 19 Jan 2023 -- Canada will donate 200 Senator Armoured Personnel Carriers to Ukraine as a new package of military assistance, Defence Minister Anita Anand announced Wednesday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list