17 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 17.01.23 Ukraine MOD 17 Jan 2023
- Top U.S., Ukrainian Generals Meet In Poland As Russia Intensifies Attacks In Eastern Ukraine RFE/RL 17 Jan 2023 -- As Ukrainian forces sustained intensified Russian attacks in the east of the country, the top U.S. and Ukrainian military officers met for the first time at a secret location in southeastern Poland as Kyiv pressed the need for increased supplies of Western arms in its defense against Moscow's full-scale invasion.
- In Davos, Ukraine urges world leaders to intensify war assistance Press TV 17 Jan 2023 -- Ukraine has urged business and political leaders at the world Economic Forum (WEF)'s annual meeting in Davos to intensify efforts to help Kiev remove Russian troops from its territory.
- The world hears Ukraine in Davos and knows what Russia has done to Dnipro and other territories it brought death to - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- President during online communication with German students: Ukraine implements reforms even during the war, as it has no time to wait for its end President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- Andriy Yermak met with Isabelle Dumont President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- We can restore peace throughout Ukraine, but for this we must be together - speech of Volodymyr Zelenskyy during an online meeting with German students President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- President of Ukraine heard reports on the house destroyed by Russian missile in Dnipro President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- In Davos Andriy Yermak urged partners to support the initiative to establish a Special International Tribunal for the crime of Russian aggression against Ukraine President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- President of Ukraine had a conversation with Federal President of Germany President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- Andriy Yermak had a phone call with the new Secretary of State, Head of the International Policy Bureau at the Presidential Chancellery of Poland President of Ukraine 17 Jan 2023
- Shoigu Inspects Vostok Group HQ During Work in Special Operation Zone Sputnik 17 Jan 2023 -- Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu inspected the headquarters of the Vostok group operating in Ukraine during work in the special military operation zone, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Tuesday.
- Pentagon Press Secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder Holds an On-Camera Press Briefing DoD 17 Jan 2023
- Austin to Convene Ukraine Defense Contact Group Session DoD News 17 Jan 2023 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark A. Milley will host and convene another session of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group at Ramstein Air Base, Germany, Thursday.
- Top US, Ukraine Military Leaders Meet in Poland VOA 17 Jan 2023 -- U.S. Army General Mark Milley and his Ukrainian counterpart met at a military base in southeastern Poland on Tuesday in their first face-to-face talks, a sign of the two countries' growing coordination supporting Ukraine's defense against Russia's 11-month invasion.
- Readout of President Joe Biden's Call with Chancellor Olaf Scholz of Germany The White House 17 Jan 2023
- Pentagon: Ukrainian Troops Officially Begin Patriot Missile Training at US Military Base Sputnik 17 Jan 2023 -- The United States began training Ukrainian forces at Fort Sill military base on the use and maintenance of Patriot missile systems, Pentagon Press Secretary Pat Ryder said on Tuesday.
- Security Council: UN rights official raises concerns over Ukraine religious freedoms UN News 17 Jan 2023 -- Addressing the Security Council on Tuesday, Ilze Brands Kehris, the UN Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights, expressed concern about restrictions to freedom of religion in Ukraine, including territory under Russian control.
- Update 142 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 17 Jan 2023 -- Teams of nuclear safety and security experts from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) are being stationed at Ukraine's nuclear power plants (NPPs) and the Chornobyl site this week. Their planned long-term presence at the facilities marks a major expansion in the IAEA's efforts to help reduce the risk of a severe nuclear accident during the ongoing conflict in the country.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: IAEA establishes mission at Ukraine's nuclear plant People's Daily 17 Jan 2023 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Ukraine: Joint discussion on the consequences of the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol European External Action Service (EEAS) 17 Jan 2023 -- Today, the European Union and Ukraine held in Brussels the tenth round of discussions at senior officials' level on the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol. These discussions were launched in 2015 with the aim to coordinate efforts and have regular exchanges on the implementation of the EU's non-recognition policy towards the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol.
- Commission disburses first â‚¬3 billion to Ukraine of the up to â‚¬18 billion Macro-financial Assistance+ package European Commission 17 Jan 2023 -- The Commission has today disbursed a first instalment of â‚¬3 billion of the up to â‚¬18 billion Macro-financial Assistance+ (MFA+) package for Ukraine. This follows the swift adoption and entry into force of the MFA+ Regulation mid-December 2022, less than two months following the request from the European Council meeting on 20-21 October 2022.
- Hungary Looks To Remove Nine People From EU Sanctions List Imposed In Wake Or Russia Invasion Of Ukraine RFE/RL 17 Jan 2023 -- Hungary is once again threatening to water down the European Union's sanctions regime against Russia by insisting that nine people be removed from a list of restrictive measures imposed on more than 1,300 individuals and 170 entities during several rounds of action in the wake of Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.
- Russia is committing heinous crimes against Ukraine and trying to pull the wool over our eyes: UK Statement at the UN Security Council UK FCDO 17 Jan 2023 -- Statement delivered by Ambassador James Kariuki at the UN Security Council briefing on human rights and religious freedom in Ukraine
- Sending tanks to Ukraine to leave UK army temporarily weaker: Senior military official Press TV 17 Jan 2023 -- A senior British army commander warns that sending tanks and artillery guns to Ukraine would leave the UK army "temporarily weaker."
- UK donates lifesaving medical supplies to Ukraine to treat civilians UK FCDO 17 Jan 2023 -- The UK is donating over 70 pallets of bandages, crutches, wheelchairs, and other medical supplies to NGO UK-Med for those injured in Russian attacks.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|