13 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 13.01.23 Ukraine MOD 13 Jan 2023
- Fight for Soledar Rages as Russia, Ukraine Dispute Its Control VOA 13 Jan 2023 -- The fate of Soledar in Ukraine's Donbas region was hanging in the balance Friday, with Russia claiming that its forces had seized the salt-mining town in eastern Ukraine and Ukraine saying the fighting continues.
- Russia claims control of strategic town of Soledar, Ukraine denies Press TV 13 Jan 2023 -- The Russian Defense Ministry has said that its forces have captured the strategic town of Soledar after days of fierce fighting, a claim quickly rejected by Ukraine's military, which said that its forces continue to battle the troops advancing into the town.
- Ukraine Rejects Rare Russian Claim Of Battleground Success RFE/RL 13 Jan 2023 -- Ukraine has rejected claims by Russia of a rare battleground success after months of setbacks in the eastern Ukrainian town of Soledar, saying intense fighting continues for control of the town.
- Russia Claims Control of Soledar VOA 13 Jan 2023 -- Russia said Friday it has taken control of the Ukrainian salt mine town of Soledar. The Russian Defense Ministry said that Soledar was taken late Thursday.
- Ukrainian Parliament Revokes Mandates Of Five Lawmakers RFE/RL 13 Jan 2023 -- Ukraine's parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, has revoked the mandates of five lawmakers, four of whom are suspected of high treason.
- This week we managed to significantly strengthen resoluteness of our partners to increase supply of weapons to Ukraine - address of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 13 Jan 2023
- Address by the President of Ukraine at the solemn session of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania on the occasion of the Day of Freedom Defenders and the ceremony of awarding the Freedom Prize of the Republic of Lithuania President of Ukraine 13 Jan 2023
- Daria Herasymchuk informed representatives of Germany and the Netherlands about illegal deportation of Ukrainian children by Russia President of Ukraine 13 Jan 2023
- Russian MoD Announces Liberation of Soledar Sputnik 13 Jan 2023 -- The area around the strategic town, situated in the Donetsk People's Republic's northeast, has seen heavy fighting in recent days. The Soledar Salt Mine - opened in the 19th century and featuring a vast 201 km network of tunnels dug up to 288 meters underground, is the largest salt mine in Europe.
- Ukraine Contracting Actions - 13 January, 2023 DOD
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba US Dept. of State 13 Jan 2023
- Ukraine: 'Humanitarian and human rights catastrophe' continues, Security Council hears UN News 13 Jan 2023 -- As Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine nears its one year anniversary, the head of UN Political and Peacebuilding Affairs updated the Security Council on Friday, noting that the fighting and suffering continues "with no end in sight".
- Update 141 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 13 Jan 2023 -- Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi will be in Ukraine next week to establish a continuous presence of nuclear safety and security experts at all the country's nuclear power facilities, significantly stepping up the efforts of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to help prevent a nuclear accident during the current military conflict.
- IAEA To Step Up Presence Of Experts At All Nuclear Power Plants In Ukraine RFE/RL 13 Jan 2023 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says it will boost its presence in Ukraine to help prevent a nuclear accident during Russia's ongoing invasion of the country.
- Ukraine: Statement by the Spokesperson on the appointments of High Council of Justice members and the reform of the Constitutional Court European External Action Service (EEAS) 13 Jan 2023 -- The EU welcomes Ukraine's recent significant efforts in consolidating the rule of law, despite the ongoing military aggression by Russia.
- War in Ukraine - Military support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 13 Jan 2023 -- Germany provides support for Ukraine by supplying equipment and weapons, these come from supplies of the Federal Arms Forces and from deliveries from industry financed from the Federal Government's funds for security capacity building. An overview.
- UK supports Ukraine's initiative for a just and sustainable end to this war UK FCDO 13 Jan 2023 -- Ambassador Barbara Woodward speaks at the UN Security Council meeting on Ukraine
- Russia's illegal and inhumane assault against Ukraine's civilian population continues: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 13 Jan 2023 -- Ambassador Neil Bush condemns Russia's continued attacks against civilians and critical infrastructure in Ukraine.
- Diplomatic Blunder Or Subtle Trick? What's Up With Kyiv Sending A 'Sexologist' As Its Envoy To Sofia? RFE/RL 13 Jan 2023 -- No diplomatic experience and a self-professed "sexologist-consultant." It's not your typical ambassador's resume. But nothing's typical right now about Ukraine and its relations with the outside world.
- Former US Secretary of State Details Her Support for Arming Ukraine VOA 13 Jan 2023 -- As the United States increases military assistance to Ukraine with advanced weapons like the Patriot missile defense systems and Bradley Fighting Vehicles, former U.S. State Secretary Condoleezza Rice tells VOA Ukrainian that Washington should provide all the military assistance Kyiv needs to push back Russian forces.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|