11 January 2023 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 11.01.23 Ukraine MOD 11 Jan 2023
- Both Sides Claim Victory in 'Fluid' Struggle for Soledar VOA 11 Jan 2023 -- U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said the battle for Soledar in eastern Ukraine is a "very fluid," "dynamic fight," amid reports that the city had fallen to the Russians.
- Ukraine Says Russian Claims About Control Of Soledar Untrue, Fighting Continues RFE/RL 11 Jan 2023 -- The Ukrainian military and President Volodymyr Zelenskiy say claims by Russia's Vagner group that Russian forces have taken the eastern town of Soledar are false and fighting continues.
- Ukraine, Russia Report Heavy Fighting in Battle for Soledar VOA 11 Jan 2023 -- The Russian and Ukrainian militaries said there was heavy fighting Wednesday in Soledar, countering an earlier claim by Russia's mercenary Wagner Group that it had taken control of the town in eastern Ukraine.
- Chief of General Staff Gerasimov Named Commander of Russian Forces in Special Military Operation Sputnik 11 Jan 2023 -- The Russian Defense Ministry has announced that Sergey Shoigu made new appointments on January 11 to lead the special military operation to "de-Nazify" and "demilitarize" Ukraine.
- Russia appoints top general as new head of military operation in Ukraine Press TV 11 Jan 2023 -- The chief of the general staff of the Russian armed forces, General Valery Gerasimov, has been appointed to lead Moscow's military operation in Ukraine, the country's defense ministry said in a statement on Wednesday
- Gerasimov Appointed Top Commander In Reshuffle Of Leaders Overseeing Russian Forces In Ukraine RFE/RL 11 Jan 2023 -- Russia has again replaced the commander of its forces in Ukraine in a reshuffle announced by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, who appointed Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov to oversee the invasion.
- Ukraine expects a joint decision of partners on the transfer of modern tanks - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 11 Jan 2023
- Ukraine, Poland and Lithuania together will go all the way to restore security of our state and the whole of Europe - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 11 Jan 2023
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Andrzej Duda and Gitanas NausÄ—da held a meeting in the format of the Lublin Triangle in Lviv President of Ukraine 11 Jan 2023
- Joint declaration of President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Lithuania Gitanas NausÄ—da and President of Poland Andrzej Duda following the Second Summit of the Lublin Triangle President of Ukraine 11 Jan 2023
- Presidents of Ukraine, Lithuania and Poland signed the Joint Declaration following the Second Summit of the Lublin Triangle in Lviv President of Ukraine 11 Jan 2023
- President held a meeting on security situation in northwestern regions of Ukraine in Lviv President of Ukraine 11 Jan 2023
- Ukraine Says It 'Must Be Ready' At Belarusian Border, While U.K. Downplays Immediate Threat RFE/RL 11 Jan 2023 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said after a visit to a western region to discuss border defenses on January 11 that Ukrainian forces "must be ready both at the border and in the regions."
- Ukraine's foodstuff exports reach 17 mln tons under grain deal People's Daily 11 Jan 2023 -- Ukraine's foodstuff exports reached 17 million metric tons since August under a deal on the export of grain and fertilizers from Black Sea ports, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported Tuesday.
- Zelenskiy Strips Citizenship Of Four Ukrainian Lawmakers, Including Putin Friend Medvedchuk RFE/RL 11 Jan 2023 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has announced his revocation of the citizenship of four Ukrainian lawmakers suspected of treason, including three from a banned pro-Russian party, and signaled more bans were still to come.
- Patriot Training Courses for Ukrainians Confirm US Involvement in Growing Crisis, Russian Envoy Says Sputnik 11 Jan 2023 -- The Pentagon's decision to train the Ukrainian military to operate Patriot missile defense systems confirms the involvement of the United States in the conflict in Ukraine, Russian Ambassador to Washington Anatoly Antonov told reporters.
- Putin: Everything Must Be Done to Protect Rights, Security of New Russian Regions' Residents Sputnik 11 Jan 2023 -- It is important to do everything possible to protect the constitutional rights and security of new Russian regions' residents, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
- Victory in Soledar Opens Door to Liberation of All Donbass, DPR Lawmaker Says Sputnik 11 Jan 2023 -- Russian forces have established control over Soledar, a town lying around 18 km from Bakhmut (Artyomovsk), which has recently become the linchpin of the Russo-Ukrainian standoff.
- Kremlin Calls Reports on Closing Borders for Military-Age Russians 'Hoax' Sputnik 11 Jan 2023 -- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Wednesday that reports on banning Russian men eligible for military service from traveling outside the country are a "hoax" and "information sabotage."
- Poland Prepared To Give Ukraine Leopard Tanks As Part Of Coalition RFE/RL 11 Jan 2023 -- Poland is ready to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine as part of a coalition, Polish President Andrzej Duda announced on January 11 after meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda in the western Ukrainian city of Lviv.
- Reservists helping Ukraine: We will never surrender, we are Czechs, they say Ministry of Defence & Armed Forces of the Czech Republic 11 Jan 2023 -- Since the beginning of the war, they delivered tons of humanitarian and military aid in Ukraine and spent months in high-risk areas, often only several hundred meters from the frontline. The four reserve soldiers from organisations Team4Ukraine and "CESTA nadÄ›je Å¾ivota" were decorated with the highest Czech MoD military decoration by the Minister of Defence Jana ÄŒernochovÃ¡.
- The President after the Lublin Triangle summit: We will stand with Ukraine until victory! President of the Republic of Lithuania 11 Jan 2023 -- President Gitanas NausÄ—da met with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine and President Andrzej Duda of Poland in Lviv on Wednesday.
- TGitanas NausÄ—da: Resolve of the Lithuanian people to support Ukraine is unprecedented President of the Republic of Lithuania 11 Jan 2023 -- President Gitanas NausÄ—da, who met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Lviv today, promised that Lithuania will provide continued military, economic and humanitarian support to Ukraine fighting against Russian aggression.
- President Raeisi: Iran ready to play active, constructive role in ending war in Ukraine Press TV 11 Jan 2023 -- President Ebrahim Raeisi assures his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin of Iran's preparedness to play a positive intermediary role in ending the 11-month-long war between Russia and Ukraine.
- More Crimean Tatars Handed Lengthy Prison Terms In Russia RFE/RL 11 Jan 2023 -- A court in Russia has sentenced another group of Crimean Tatars to lengthy prison terms on charges of being members of a banned Islamic group amid an ongoing crackdown on it.
- VOA Interview: What to Know About Russia's Manipulated War Statistics VOA 11 Jan 2023 -- As Russia's war on Ukraine approaches its one-year anniversary, Moscow is increasingly suspected of manipulating its official death toll, diminishing its own losses and exaggerating Ukraine's.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|