16 October 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 16.10 Ukraine MOD 16 Oct 2022
- Russia, Ukraine Trade New Missile Attacks VOA 16 Oct 2022 -- Rocket fire inflicted new damage in Ukraine Sunday, with pro-Kremlin officials blaming Kyiv for an attack that hit the mayor's office in separatist-controlled Donetsk, while Ukrainian authorities said Russian missiles hit a city across from the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, wounding six people.
- Russia Targets More Ukrainian Towns As Zelenskiy Says Forces Continue To Hold Bakhmut RFE/RL 16 Oct 2022 -- Russian forces continue to target civilian infrastructure in towns and villages across Ukraine as President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said Ukrainian troops are fending off repeated Russian attacks on the strategic eastern town of Bakhmut and after reports of a deadly Russian military range shooting.
- Blasts, Power Cuts Reported in Parts of Ukraine Sputnik 16 Oct 2022 -- Explosions were reported in various parts of Ukraine late on Sunday night, while President Volodymyr Zelensky said that several Ukrainian cities were experiencing electricity shortages.
- Anyone who captures Russian soldiers provides an opportunity to release our heroes - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 16 Oct 2022
- Ukraine Plans to Cut Grain Sowing Areas by 30% in 2022 - Minister of Agrarian Policy Sputnik 16 Oct 2022 -- Ukrainian farmers are expected to slash grain sowing areas by 30% this year due to high fertilizer prices and costly logistics, Ukraine's Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food Mykola Solskyi said on Sunday.
- Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova's answer to a media question concerning remarks by Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict Pramila Patten Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 16 Oct 2022
- Child poverty across eastern Europe and Central Asia soars by 19 per cent, as Ukraine war and rising inflation drive four million children into poverty - UNICEF UNICEF 16 Oct 2022 -- The war in Ukraine and rising inflation have driven an additional four million children across eastern Europe and Central Asia into poverty, a 19 per cent increase since 2021, according to a new UNICEF study published today.
- France To Supply Ukraine With Air-Defense Systems, Expand Training For Ukrainian Soldiers RFE/RL 16 Oct 2022 -- France has announced it will provide air-defense systems to Ukraine and expand a training program for Ukrainian soldiers.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|