01 October 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 01.10 Ukraine MOD 01 Oct 2022
- Ukrainian Forces Recapture Key City in Eastern Ukraine VOA 01 Oct 2022 -- Ukrainian forces recaptured the key eastern city of Lyman, in Ukraine's Donetsk region, sending Russian soldiers fleeing the area a day after Moscow annexed the region, along with three other territories in eastern and southeastern Ukraine.
- Russia Withdraws Forces From Lyman In Major Victory For Ukraine RFE/RL 01 Oct 2022 -- The Russian Defense Ministry says it has withdrawn its troops from the strategic eastern Ukrainian town of Lyman, hours after Kyiv said it had surrounded Russian forces there and a day after Moscow said it was annexing the surrounding Donetsk region.
- During this week more Ukrainian flags appeared in Donbas, there will be even more - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 01 Oct 2022
- Civilized world must show Russia that it will not get away with either attempted annexation or nuclear blackmail - Andriy Yermak in column for The Atlantic President of Ukraine 01 Oct 2022
- Negotiations with Russia can resume only when Russian army leaves entire territory of Ukraine, including Crimea - Podolyak in interview with La Repubblica President of Ukraine 01 Oct 2022
- Ukraine to continue liberating its territories despite any statements from Russia - Mykhailo Podolyak in interview with Politico President of Ukraine 01 Oct 2022
- Ukraine Says Head Of Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant Detained By Russian Forces RFE/RL 01 Oct 2022 -- The director of Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant has been detained by a Russian military patrol, Enerhoatom, the state firm that runs the plant, has said.
- Russia Vetoes Resolution In UN Security Council On Moscow's Latest Actions In Ukraine RFE/RL 01 Oct 2022 -- Russia has vetoed a UN Security Council resolution backed by the United States condemning referendums in four Ukrainian regions as illegal and demanding an immediate halt to Russia's "full-scale, unlawful invasion of Ukraine."
- U.S. Announces $1.1 Billion In Aid For Building Ukraine's Military RFE/RL 01 Oct 2022 -- The United States will provide an additional $1.1 billion in military aid to Ukraine, including funding for about 18 more advanced rocket systems and other weapons to counter drones, the White House has announced.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba US Dept. of State 01 Oct 2022
- Update 110 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 01 Oct 2022 -- After receiving information about the detention of Ihor Murashov, Director General of Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP), the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has been in contact with the relevant authorities and has been informed that Mr Murashov is in temporary detention, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- Turkey Joins Condemnation Of Russian Bid To Claim Ukrainian Territories RFE/RL 01 Oct 2022 -- Turkey has joined a growing international chorus in condemning Russia's attempt to illegally annex an additional four Ukrainian regions, as the three Baltic states urged NATO to open a fast track for Ukraine to join the transatlantic alliance.
- German Defense Minister Visits Odesa, Promises Delivery Of Air-Defense System RFE/RL 01 Oct 2022 -- German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht has made an unannounced visit to the Ukrainian port city of Odesa, meeting with counterpart Oleksiy Reznikov and at one time being forced into a bomb shelter after air raid sirens blared.
- World Bank Approves $530 Million In New Recovery Aid For Ukraine RFE/RL 01 Oct 2022 -- The World Bank has approved an additional $530 million in reconstruction and recovery assistance to Ukraine as the country fends off a massive military invasion by neighboring Russia.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|