27 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 27.09 Ukraine MOD 27 Sep 2022
- Russia: Ukrainians Widely Support Annexation in Four Regions; West Calls Vote 'Sham' VOA 27 Sep 2022 -- Russia claimed Tuesday that early vote counting in what Western allies say are sham referendums showed Ukrainians in four regions overwhelmingly supporting joining Russia.
- 'Sham' Annexation Vote In Occupied Regions Of Ukraine Delivers Expected Overwhelming Approval RFE/RL 27 Sep 2022 -- Russian-backed officials in four regions where so-called referendums on joining the Russian Federation were held over the last five days say voters have overwhelmingly supported the annexation.
- Heavy Fighting Under Way In Ukraine As Anti-Mobilization Protests Continue In Russia RFE/RL 27 Sep 2022 -- Heavy fighting between Ukrainian and Russian forces is under way in parts of eastern Ukraine and the northeast Kharkiv region as Moscow continues a crackdown on protests against a partial mobilization decreed by President Vladimir Putin last week.
- Voting Ends In 'Sham' Poll On Occupied Parts Of Ukraine Joining Russia RFE/RL 27 Sep 2022 -- Russian-backed officials in four regions partially occupied by Moscow in southern and eastern Ukraine say polls have closed after five days of voting on so-called referendums on joining the Russian Federation.
- Ukrainian regions vote on joining Russia on final day of referendums Press TV 27 Sep 2022 -- People in the breakaway republics of Luhansk and Donetsk in eastern Ukraine, as well as the Russian-controlled parts of Kherson and Zaporizhia, voted on the fifth and final day of referendums on joining Russia on Tuesday.
- Zelensky says won't negotiate with Putin after Ukraine regions vote to join Russia Press TV 27 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky claims his country will have nothing to negotiate about with Russia after four Ukrainian regions voted overwhelmingly in favor of joining the Russian Federation.
- Statement by the Russian Federation on the false allegations against the Russian Federation made by Ukraine to cover-up its own violations of international law and military crimes against civilian population of Donbass as well as Kharkov, Kherson and Zaporozhye regions Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 27 Sep 2022
- Pentagon Press Secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder Holds an On-Camera Press Briefing DoD 27 Sep 2022
- US to introduce UN Security Council resolution condemning Russia over referendums in Ukraine Press TV 27 Sep 2022 -- US Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield will present a resolution at the United Nations Security Council denouncing referendums in the Donbass republics and two other regions in Ukraine, according to a US official.
- NATO Secretary General at EU Parliament: stay the course on Ukraine NATO 27 Sep 2022 -- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg met the group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament, led by their President Iratxe GarcĂa PĂ©rez on Tuesday (27 September 2022).
- Standing with Ukraine: Commission welcomes Joint Statement to provide affordable, accessible and transparent remittance services to Ukraine European Commission 27 Sep 2022 -- The European Commission has welcomed a Joint Statement by EU and Ukrainian financial institutions to provide access to affordable, accessible and transparent remittance services to Ukraine.
- EU Plans Sanctions On Organizers Of 'Illegal' Referendums In Ukraine RFE/RL 27 Sep 2022 -- The European Union plans to follow suit with the United Kingdom and others and impose sanctions on the organizers of "illegal, illegitimate referendums" that are being conducted in four regions of Ukraine that are at least partially controlled by Moscow.
- We must all unequivocally reject Russian attempts to illegally annex Ukrainian territory: UK at the UN Security Council UK FCDO 27 Sep 2022 -- Statement by Ambassador James Kariuki at the UN Security Council meeting on Ukraine.
- French Foreign Minister Returns To Kyiv In Unannounced Visit RFE/RL 27 Sep 2022 -- French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna has arrived in Kyiv for an unannounced visit to show support for Ukraine as it battles Russian troops that invaded the country more than seven months ago.
- Drone-Operator Training Becomes A New Front In Ukraine's Fight Against Russia's Invasion RFE/RL 27 Sep 2022 -- Ruslan, a 41-year-old former sales manager who asked that his surname be withheld for security reasons, started learning the ropes of drone warfare in the immediate wake of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|