22 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 22.09 Ukraine MOD 22 Sep 2022
- Ukrainian Military Claims Advances In Eastern Luhansk Region RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- The Ukrainian military has said it is "smoothly but confidently" gaining ground against Russian forces in "one of the most important logistical arteries" of Ukraine's partially occupied Luhansk region.
- Andriy Yermak held a video call with members of the US House of Representatives Armed Services Committee President of Ukraine 22 Sep 2022
- Russia's decision on mobilization is an admission that their regular army did not withstand and crumbled - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 22 Sep 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy held a meeting of the Staff of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief President of Ukraine 22 Sep 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with the Minister of Defense of Italy President of Ukraine 22 Sep 2022
- Speech by the President of Ukraine at the General Debate of the 77th session of the UN General Assembly President of Ukraine 22 Sep 2022
- Today we have 215 pieces of good news - we bring our people home - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 22 Sep 2022
- Ukraine returned 215 people from Russian captivity, including defenders of "Azovstal" President of Ukraine 22 Sep 2022
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's remarks at a meeting of the UN Security Council on Ukraine, New York, September 22, 2022 Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 22 Sep 2022
- Blinken Tells UN Security Council Not To Allow Putin To Get Away With 'Shredding' International Order RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken called on UN Security Council members to stand up to Russian President Vladimir Putin, warning that the Kremlin leader's invasion of Ukraine and attempts to annex more of its territory was threatening to destroy the international order.
- Russian Mobilization May Be Reinforcing Failure in Ukraine DoD News 22 Sep 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir V. Putin's mobilization of 300,000 reservists may just be reinforcing failure, Pentagon Press Secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said during a news conference today.
- VOA Interview: NSC Official Anne Neuberger on Ukraine, Cyber Defense VOA 22 Sep 2022 -- With Russian President Vladimir Putin accelerating war efforts and threatening to use nuclear weapons, White House Bureau Chief Patsy Widakuswara spoke with Anne Neuberger, deputy national security adviser for cyber and emerging technology at the Biden administration's National Security Council, on the possibility of increased cyber warfare on Ukraine and her allies. Neuberger also spoke of the recent Iranian cyberattacks on Albania, and the administration's view of NATO's collective defense principle in cyber warfare.
- Statement by the North Atlantic Council on the so-called "referenda" in parts of Ukraine NATO 22 Sep 2022
- Ukraine war-induced crisis affecting women and girls disproportionately: UN report UN News 22 Sep 2022 -- A new UN report reveals how the Ukraine war and its global impacts on food, energy, and finance are affecting women and girls disproportionately, both inside the country and around the world.
- At UN, Security Council Members Reject Putin's Annexation Plans VOA 22 Sep 2022 -- U.N. Security Council members on Thursday condemned Russia for escalating the war in Ukraine, criticizing its mobilization of more troops and President Vladimir Putin's threat to use nuclear weapons.
- Redouble efforts to end 'senseless' war in Ukraine, UN chief tells Foreign Ministers UN News 22 Sep 2022 -- With the war in Ukraine showing no signs of letting up, countries must increase efforts to prevent further escalation and end the fighting, UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres told Foreign Ministers meeting in the Security Council on Thursday.
- UN Nuclear Chief Still Pushing For Protection Zone Around Zaporizhzhya Plant RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- The head of the UN nuclear agency says he will not abandon a plan to create a protection zone around the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant in Ukraine and hopes to go to Ukraine and Russia soon to push for an agreement.
- IAEA Proposal for Ukraine Nuclear Safety and Security Protection Zone Wins Support as Talks Begin on Its Establishment IAEA 22 Sep 2022 -- An IAEA proposal to establish a nuclear safety and security protection zone around Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) is receiving strong international support and detailed talks have now begun with Ukraine and Russia aimed at agreeing and implementing it as soon as possible, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today after a series of high-level meetings in New York this week.
- UN Commission Says Evidence Shows War Crimes Have Been Committed In Ukraine RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- UN investigators have concluded that war crimes have been committed during Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, including the bombing of civilians areas, numerous executions, torture, and horrific sexual violence.
- UN Report Lists War In Ukraine As Driving Factor In World Hunger RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- The United Nations has warned that acute food insecurity is likely to "rise precipitously" by the end of the year in 19 "hunger hot spots" around the world in part due to Russia's war against Ukraine.
- Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the European Union on Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine EC/CEU 22 Sep 2022 -- The European Union condemns in the strongest possible terms the latest escalation by Russia of its illegal, unprovoked and unjustified aggression against Ukraine.
- Ukraine: Press remarks by High Representative Josep Borrell after his address at the UN Security Council European External Action Service (EEAS) 22 Sep 2022
- Ukraine: Speech by High Representative Josep Borrell at the UN Security Council European External Action Service (EEAS) 22 Sep 2022
- Ukraine: Statement by the Spokesperson on the sentencing of Crimean Tatar leaders by Russia European External Action Service (EEAS) 22 Sep 2022
- EU Pledges Military Support for Ukraine, Considers New Russian Sanctions VOA 22 Sep 2022 -- European Union foreign ministers have agreed to bolster their military support for Ukraine and study a new package of sanctions targeting Russian individuals and certain sectors of the Russian economy.
- Foreign Secretary and the foreign ministers of Ukraine and Poland: joint statement, September 2022 UK FCDO 22 Sep 2022 -- Foreign Secretary James Cleverly held a trilateral meeting with Polish Foreign Minister, Zbigniew Rau, and Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba.
- Planned elections in Ukraine are a sham and invasion is failing: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 22 Sep 2022 -- UK Ambassador Bush calls planned elections in Ukraine a charade, and part mobilisation admission that the invasion is failing.
- UN Security Council meeting on Ukraine, September 2022: Foreign Secretary's statement UK FCDO 22 Sep 2022 -- Foreign Secretary James Cleverly gave a statement at the United Nations Security Council meeting on Ukraine.
- No Game Changer: Russian Mobilization May Slow, Not Stop, Ukrainian Offensive RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- The Kremlin's aim to mobilize up to 300,000 men to fight in Ukraine faces significant obstacles and -- even if achieved -- may not prevent Russia from losing more ground or losing the war, analysts said.
- Five U.K. Prisoners Released By Russia Arrive In Britain RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- Five British prisoners of war released by Russia as part of an exchange with Ukraine arrived back in the U.K. on September 22.
- Ukraine Announces Release Of 215 Prisoners In Largest Exchange Since Russia's Invasion RFE/RL 22 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine has announced the release of 215 of its soldiers, including fighters who led the defense of Mariupol's Azovstal steelworks, in exchange for dozens of Russian prisoners and a pro-Moscow politician.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|