21 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 21.09 Ukraine MOD 21 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Says Russian Shelling Causes Power Disruption At Occupied Nuclear Power Plant RFE/RL 21 Sep 2022 -- The Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant in Ukraine came under Russian fire overnight, causing a disruption of power at the facility, according to the Ukrainian state agency in charge of the plant.
- 10 Prisoners Captured In Ukraine Released To Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Says RFE/RL 21 Sep 2022 -- Ten prisoners of war captured in Ukraine have been transferred to Saudi Arabia as part of an exchange between Russia and Ukraine, the Saudi Foreign Ministry said.
- The state that provokes famine should get the toughest reaction from the world - President's speech at the Global Food Security Summit President of Ukraine 21 Sep 2022
- The situation on the frontline clearly indicates that the initiative belongs to Ukraine - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 21 Sep 2022
- Executive Order on partial mobilisation in the Russian Federation President of Russia 21 Sep 2022 -- The President signed Executive Order On Declaring Partial Mobilisation in the Russian Federation.
- Address by the President of the Russian Federation President of Russia 21 Sep 2022 -- "The subject of this address is the situation in Donbass and the course of the special military operation to liberate it from the neo-Nazi regime, which seized power in Ukraine in 2014 as the result of an armed state coup."
- Putin Announces Mobilization of Russian Military Reserves VOA 21 Sep 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin announced Wednesday the partial mobilization of his country's military reserves in a move that follows Ukrainian gains in a counteroffensive in northeastern Ukraine.
- More Than 1,000 Arrests Reported After Putin's Partial Military Mobilization Sparks Protests RFE/RL 21 Sep 2022 -- More than 1,000 people have been arrested in Russia during protests in several cities against a partial military mobilization announced by President Vladimir Putin on September 21.
- Amid Setbacks In Ukraine, Putin Moves Toward Escalation And Raises The Threat Level. Is It A Bluff? RFE/RL 21 Sep 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin is taking steps to escalate the invasion of Ukraine and his standoff with Kyiv and the West, including a â€śpartial mobilizationâ€ť that he announced on September 21, following a stunning military setback in Kharkiv that has sparked nationalist backlash at home and raised the prospect of defeat.
- Remarks by President Biden Before the 77th Session of the United Nations General Assembly The White House 21 Sep 2022
- At UNGA, Biden Condemns Russia's War on Ukraine as Putin Escalates Threats VOA 21 Sep 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden called out Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine at the United Nations, as the Russian leader significantly escalated war efforts and threatened nuclear retaliation.
- Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine An Affront To UN Charter, Biden Tells World Leaders RFE/RL 21 Sep 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden has told world leaders at the United Nations in New York that Russia â€śhas shamelessly violated the core tenetsâ€ť of the UN Charter with its â€śbrutal, needless warâ€ť in Ukraine.
- Welcoming Prisoner Exchanges in Ukraine US Dept. of State 21 Sep 2022 -- The United States welcomes the negotiated prisoner exchange between Ukraine and Russia, which includes two U.S. citizens captured while serving in Ukraine's military.
- Update 105 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 21 Sep 2022 -- Renewed shelling early on Wednesday morning at the site of Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) damaged cables providing electricity to one of its six units, temporarily forcing this reactor to rely on emergency diesel generators for the power it needs for essential safety functions, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was informed at the site by senior Ukrainian operating staff.
- Pope Calls Ukrainians 'Noble' People Subjected to 'Savageness, Monstrosities, And Torture' RFE/RL 21 Sep 2022 -- Pope Francis has called Ukrainians a "noble" people being martyred as they are subjected to savageness, monstrosities, and torture amid Russia's unprovoked invasion of their country.
- Russia's ongoing war of aggression against Ukraine: UK statement - OSCE Forum for Security Cooperation UK FCDO 21 Sep 2022 -- Ian Stubbs (UK Delegation to the OSCE) says it is unclear whether Russia's front-line forces have sufficient reserves or adequate morale to withstand another Ukrainian assault.
- Safe return of Ukrainian prisoners of war: Foreign Secretary's statement UK FCDO 21 Sep 2022 -- Foreign Secretary James Cleverly has issued a statement on the safe return of Ukrainian prisoners of war.
- Foreign Secretary trilateral meeting with Poland and Ukraine UK FCDO 21 Sep 2022 -- Readout from Foreign Secretary James Cleverly's trilateral meeting with his Polish and Ukrainian counterparts at UNGA tonight.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|