20 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 20.09 Ukraine MOD 20 Sep 2022
- Pro-Moscow Separatists in Eastern Ukraine Planning Vote to Join Russia VOA 20 Sep 2022 -- With Ukraine swiftly recapturing territory in its northeast from Russia, the separatist leaders of the Moscow-controlled Luhansk and Donetsk regions said Tuesday they are planning to hold votes starting late this week for the territories to declare themselves as part of Russia.
- Ukraine Pushes 'Pace,' Stabilization In Eastern Offensive To Deny Russia 'Any Foothold' RFE/RL 20 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian officials have announced efforts to urgently stabilize recently retaken eastern territory and stressed the need for rapid gains in order to deny Russia "any foothold on Ukrainian soil" with Russia's invasion nearing the seven-month mark.
- U.K. Says Russia Relocated Black Sea Submarines As 'Threat Level' Rose From Ukrainian Attacks RFE/RL 20 Sep 2022 -- British defense intelligence has said in its latest assessment that it believes Russia's Black Sea Fleet has moved submarines from their home port on the annexed Crimean Peninsula to southern Russia in a sign of the increased threat to Russian forces of Ukraine's "long-range strike capability."
- Andriy Yermak and Members of the US House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence discussed further support for Ukraine in the war with the Russian Federation President of Ukraine 20 Sep 2022
- In order to defeat the aggressor, it is very important that the US remain a leader in supporting Ukraine - Volodymyr Zelenskyy during The Clinton Global Initiative President of Ukraine 20 Sep 2022
- Andriy Yermak had a conversation with Jake Sullivan President of Ukraine 20 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Seeks Aid Matching Pace of Counteroffensive VOA 20 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said his country is ‚Äústabilizing‚ÄĚ the situation in its northeastern Kharkiv region after driving out Russian forces in a counteroffensive, and he called on the international community to speed up aid to Ukraine.
- U.S. Attorney General and Ukrainian Prosecutor General Met to Strengthen Joint Efforts to Hold Accountable Perpetrators of War Crimes and Other Atrocities Committed in Ukraine US Dept. of Justice 20 Sep 2022 -- U.S. Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and Ukrainian Prosecutor General Andriy Kostin met today in Washington to discuss efforts to hold accountable individuals responsible for war crimes and other atrocities in the wake of Russia's unprovoked and unjust invasion of Ukraine. The leaders outlined areas for enhanced collaboration and signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) that will facilitate appropriate cooperation, coordination, and deconfliction between each country's respective investigations and prosecutions.
- At UN, Spotlight on Global Consequences of Russia's War VOA 20 Sep 2022 -- The global consequences of Russia's invasion of Ukraine were in the spotlight Tuesday at the U.N. General Assembly, as the annual debate got underway.
- World Food Programme delivers critical food assistance to 100,000 Ukrainians in newly accessible areas near frontline WFP 20 Sep 2022 -- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and its partners have over the last few days distributed more than 70,000 food rations in Kharkiv oblast, 30,000 rations in Kherson oblast, and 500 rations in Luhansk oblast, reaching communities who have only just become accessible to humanitarian agencies.
- Western Leaders Dismiss Referendums Planned In Russian-Controlled Areas Of Ukraine As Illegitimate RFE/RL 20 Sep 2022 -- Western leaders have rejected plans by authorities in the Russian-occupied territories of Ukraine to hold referendums in the coming days on joining the territories to Russia.
- OSCE heads condemn the plan to hold illegal ‚Äúreferenda‚ÄĚ in occupied territories of Ukraine OSCE 20 Sep 2022 -- The OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs Zbigniew Rau, OSCE Secretary General Helga Maria Schmid, OSCE Parliamentary Assembly President Margareta Cederfelt and Matteo Mecacci, Director of the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights, condemned the plans to hold ‚Äúreferenda‚ÄĚ on Ukraine's occupied territories.
- Ukraine: Statement by High Representative Josep Borrell on the illegal ‚Äúreferenda‚ÄĚ in Luhansk, Kherson and Donetsk European External Action Service (EEAS) 20 Sep 2022 -- Today, so-called ‚Äúauthorities‚ÄĚ, appointed illegitimately by Russia in the territories of Ukraine it militarily occupies, announced preparations for illegal ‚Äúreferenda‚ÄĚ. This is Russia's attempt to legitimise its illegal military control and aims to forcibly change Ukraine's borders in clear violation of the UN Charter and Ukraine's independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- Erdogan Says Finding 'Dignified Way Out' For Both Sides Could End War In Ukraine RFE/RL 20 Sep 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called for a diplomatic solution that gives Russia and Ukraine a "dignified way out" of the crisis sparked by Russia's invasion.
- UK will match record Ukraine support in 2023 Gov.UK 20 Sep 2022 -- Prime Minister announces the UK will meet or exceed the amount of military aid spent on Ukraine in 2022 next year.
- Analysis: China's Balancing Act on Russia's War in Ukraine VOA 20 Sep 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin's surprise admission at last week's summit in Uzbekistan that China had "questions and concerns" about what was happening in Ukraine offered the first clue that Beijing is increasingly worried about the war.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|