19 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 19.09 Ukraine MOD 19 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Accuses Russia Of Attacking Another Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 19 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has responded to officials' accusations that Russian troops shelled another nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine overnight by saying the world must "stop [Russia] before it's too late."
- Ukraine Says Russian Missile Struck Near Nuclear Power Plant VOA 19 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine's nuclear energy operator said Monday a Russian missile struck near a nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine.
- Zelenskyy Says No Letup in Push to Reclaim Territory VOA 19 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Sunday there would be no letup in the effort by his country's military to retake territory from Russian forces.
- Moscow-Backed Separatists In Eastern Ukraine Sentence OSCE Employee To 13 Years In Prison RFE/RL 19 Sep 2022 -- Moscow-backed separatist authorities in Ukraine's eastern region of Luhansk have sentenced an employee of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) to 13 years in prison.
- Zelenskiy Cites Battlefield Victories As U.S. Tells Allies To Be On 'High Alert' For Russian Response To Setbacks RFE/RL 19 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has cited a "series of victories" on the battlefield against invading Russian forces following reports that Ukrainian troops reached the eastern bank of a major river in the northeast, but he joined Western military and other officials cautioning of new risks in the nearly seven-month-old conflict.
- The pace of providing aid to Ukraine by partners should correspond to the pace of our movement - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 19 Sep 2022
- On Monday, the President held a meeting of the Staff of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief President of Ukraine 19 Sep 2022
- Senior Defense Official and Senior Military Official Hold a Background Briefing DoD 19 Sep 2022
- U.S. Official Says Russia Has Failed to Achieve Strategic Objectives DoD News 19 Sep 2022 -- The bottom line of the whole Russian invasion of Ukraine is that Russian President Vladimir V. Putin has failed to achieve any of his strategic objectives in launching the brutal and unprovoked attack, a senior defense official said on background today.
- Update 104 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 19 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that shelling caused an explosion near the South Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant (SUNPP) early today, impacting three power lines and damaging windows at the site, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- OSCE Chairman-in-Office and Secretary General condemn sentencing of OSCE Mission members Petrov and Shabanov in Luhansk, demand their immediate release OSCE 19 Sep 2022 -- OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Polish Foreign Minister Zbigniew Rau, and OSCE Secretary General Helga Maria Schmid unequivocally condemn the sentencing of OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM) mission members Maxim Petrov and Dmytro Shabanov to 13 years in prison as a result of so-called ālegal proceedingsā and call for the immediate release of all three OSCE mission members in detention.
- Interview: Ukraine's Minister of Infrastructure Speaks to VOA VOA 19 Sep 2022 -- VOA Eastern Europe bureau chief Myroslava Gongadze spoke to Ukraine's Minister of Infrastructure Oleksandr Kubrakov about a United Nations program to deliver Ukrainian grain to the world and his country's efforts to replace bridges damaged during Russia's invasion. The transcript has been edited for length and clarity.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|