Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- $600 Million in Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 15 Sep 2022 -- Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $600 million to meet Ukraineâ€™s critical security and defense needs. This authorization is the Biden Administrationâ€™s twenty-first drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.
- Memorandum on the Delegation of Authority Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 The White House 15 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Contracting Actions - September 15, 2022 DOD 15 Sep 2022
- Targeting Russiaâ€™s Senior Officials, Defense Industrial Base, Financial Infrastructure Leaders, and Human Rights Abusers US Dept. of State 15 Sep 2022 -- The United States continues to hold the Russian government to account for its war against Ukraine.
- Treasury Targets Additional Facilitators of Russiaâ€™s Aggression in Ukraine US Treasury 15 Sep 2022 -- Today, as part of its continued response to Russiaâ€™s horrific war of aggression against Ukraine, the U.S. Department of the Treasuryâ€™s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated 22 individuals and 2 entities, including multiple individuals who have furthered the Government of the Russian Federationâ€™s (GoR) objectives in Ukraine, both prior to and during Russiaâ€™s further invasion of Ukraine in 2022. Also included among those being designated is Task Force Rusich, a neo-Nazi paramilitary group that has participated in combat alongside Russiaâ€™s military in Ukraine, as well as two of its senior leaders.
- US Targets Russian Officials and Entities with New Sanctions VOA 15 Sep 2022 -- The U.S. on Thursday imposed new economic sanctions on an array of Russians, including some that it accused of stealing Ukrainian grain, an official who allegedly has directed the deportation of tens of thousands of Ukrainian children to Russia, and relatives of Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov.
- Documenting Russiaâ€™s Destructive Impact on Food Storage in Ukraine US Dept. of State 15 Sep 2022 -- President Putinâ€™s unjustified war against Ukraine puts millions around the globe at risk of increasing food insecurity.
- 'Difficult' Discussion on Ukraine Predicted at Biden-Ramaphosa Meeting VOA 15 Sep 2022 -- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa will meet U.S. President Joe Biden at the White House Friday, with trade, energy, and security all on the agenda. Whatâ€™s not officially on the program, but will likely be discussed, analysts say, are the two democraciesâ€™ differences over Russiaâ€™s invasion of Ukraine.
- Minister Ng speaks with Yulia Svyrydenko, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy of Ukraine Canada 15 Sep 2022 -- The Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of International Trade, Export Promotion, Small Business and Economic Development, spoke with Yulia Svyrydenko, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy of Ukraine on the margins of the G7 trade and investment ministersâ€™ meeting hosted in Neuhardenberg, Germany.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list