13 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 13.09 Ministry of Defence of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Advances Further in the Northeast as Russian Forces Retreat VOA 13 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian troops advanced further into the northeastern region of the country on Tuesday, reclaiming the town of Vovchansk, 3 kilometers from the Russian border, that Moscow's forces had seized on the first day of their invasion nearly seven months ago.
- Russia delivers 'massive strikes' on Ukraine as Kiev pushes to retake all occupied territories Press TV 13 Sep 2022 -- Russia says its forces were carrying out "massive strikes" on Ukrainian armed forces from all operational directions across the Ukrainian front line, as Kiev said it was prepared to liberate all of its territory while calling on the West to speed up the deliveries of weapons systems to the county.
- Ukraine Working To Stabilize Territory Recaptured In Kharkiv Region, Zelenskiy Says RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- The Ukrainian military has pushed Russian forces out of hundreds of cities and towns in the northeast of the country, and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said the stabilization of the liberated communities is under way.
- Kyiv's Counteroffensive Raising Expectations, But Will The West Step Up With Greater Aid? RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- The Ukrainian military's routing of Russian forces over the past week has highlighted both the fighting capabilities of Ukraine's military and the effectiveness of the Western military aid provided to date.
- Ukraine Detains Russian Teachers In Occupied Territories As It Recaptures Territory RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian authorities have detained an unspecified number of Russian teachers who moved to Ukrainian towns and cities after Russia took control of them after launching its invasion in late February.
- Ukraine Says It Pushed Back Russian Forces, Reclaimed Territory VOA 13 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine claimed Monday it had recaptured several more villages in the northeastern part of the country, pushing some Russian forces back to the border between the two nations.
- 73,000 evacuated from conflict-hit areas in Ukraine in past month People's Daily 13 Sep 2022 -- More than 73,000 people have been evacuated from the conflict-affected eastern and southern regions of Ukraine in the past month, Ukraine's Ministry of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories said on Monday.
- Together with our troops and our flag, ordinary normal life comes to the de-occupied territory - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- Andriy Yermak familiarized the advisors to the heads of state and government of the countries of Eastern Europe and the Baltic countries with the developed recommendations on security guarantees for Ukraine President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- A regular meeting of the Staff of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief was held President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- Kyrylo Tymoshenko and the Japanese parliamentary delegation discussed participation in the Fast Recovery Plan and the restoration of the infrastructure of the Kharkiv region President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- President of Ukraine held a meeting with the Defense Ministers of Denmark and Estonia President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- The future security agreement for Ukraine must be legally binding and contain specific terms - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- Andriy Yermak and Kyrylo Tymoshenko presented the project of the Ukraine Recovery Fund to the ambassadors of foreign countries President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- A package of recommendations on security guarantees for Ukraine prepared by the Yermak-Rasmussen Group was presented to the President President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- Andriy Yermak and Anders Fogh Rasmussen jointly present recommendations on security guarantees of Ukraine President of Ukraine 13 Sep 2022
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Slams Germany Over Refusal To Provide Tanks, Vehicles RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has slammed Germany for refusing to provide it with Leopard tanks and Marder infantry fighting vehicles it has asked for as Ukraine continues to try and push Russian forces out of territory they are occupying in the east and south of the country.
- Ukraine Calls for More Australian Weapons as Its Forces Retake Territory VOA 13 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine has called for more artillery and ammunition from Australia after a counter-offensive in the nation's east saw Kyiv retake a key town from Russian control.
- Kremlin Spokesman Says No Mobilization Despite Ukrainian Counteroffensive Success RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- The Kremlin says there are no plans to announce a full or partial mobilization for Russia's ongoing unprovoked invasion of Ukraine as Russian troops suffer losses and lose territory in the Kharkiv region to a counteroffensive.
- Statement by K.V.Vorontsov, Head of the Delegation of the Russian Federation at the Consultative Meeting of States Parties to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention on Article V of the BTWC (Geneva, 9 September 2022) Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 13 Sep 2022
- Medvedev: Kiev's Security Guarantees Project is 'Prelude to World War Three' Sputnik 13 Sep 2022 -- Earlier in the day, Volodymyr Zelensky's office presented a project of future "security guarantees" for Ukraine after Russia's special military operation ends. The plan includes massive militarization, as well as intervention by foreign guarantors in the event of an attack on the country.
- Telephone conversation with Federal Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz President of Russia 13 Sep 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany Olaf Scholz.
- Ukraine's Success Was a Surprise Only to the Russians DoD News 13 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine's success in its counteroffensive against the Russian invasion did not surprise its allies and partners, Pentagon Press Secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said.
- US supplies Ukraine with intel for strikes on Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant: Russian official Press TV 13 Sep 2022 -- The head of Russia's Security Council says Washington has been supplying Kiev with crucial intelligence on the location of critical facilities for shelling around the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant.
- Conclusion of Article V Formal Consultative Meeting under the Biological Weapons Convention US Dept. of State 13 Sep 2022 -- On Friday, September 9, the Biological Weapons Convention Article V Formal Consultative Meeting, called by Russia, ended in Geneva. The United States delegation, led by Special Representative Kenneth D. Ward, effectively exposed Russia's disinformation tactics and dispelled Russia's spurious allegations seeking to malign peaceful U.S. cooperation with Ukraine.
- NATO Reportedly Mulls Giving Ukraine Fighter Jets, Air Defense in 'Medium to Longer Term' Sputnik 13 Sep 2022 -- The members of the military bloc previously avoided shipping offensive weapons like fighter jets, fearing Moscow's reaction. The Kremlin has repeatedly warned that any such shipments will be regarded as valid targets for Russian military.
- Update 102 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 13 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian engineers have made further headway in repairing vital power infrastructure in the vicinity of the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP), providing the plant with renewed access to a third back-up power line, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was informed at the site today.
- UN officials see progress as global food prices drop amid ongoing Black Sea grain deal shipments UN News 13 Sep 2022 -- Two vital objectives of the Black Sea grain deal brokered by the United Nations and TÃ¼rkiye are already being achieved, a senior UN official said on Tuesday, pointing to the steady decrease in international food prices and the increasing availability of badly needed grain from Ukraine as signs of early success.
- Ukraine: High Representative Borrell discussed with Foreign Minister recent developments on Russia's war against Ukraine European External Action Service (EEAS) 13 Sep 2022 -- While the Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine is entering a new phase, the EU High Representative for Foreign and Security Policy and Vice President of the European Commission Josep Borrell spoke with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba. They discussed the latest military and political developments, with a particular emphasis on the recent counter offensive launched by Ukraine that confirms the determination of the Ukrainian people to defend their territorial integrity.
- War in Ukraine - Military support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 13 Sep 2022 -- The Federal Government supports the Ukrainian military in close coordination with its partners and allies. This list provides an overview of lethal and non-lethal German military support for Ukraine. It includes deliveries from the Federal Armed Forces, as well as supplies from German industry financed from the Federal Government's funds for so-called security capacity building.
- Scholz Urges Putin To Agree To Cease-Fire, Withdraw Troops From Ukraine RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to find a diplomatic solution for the conflict in Ukraine based on a cease-fire and the complete withdrawal of Russian troops, the chancellor's office said on September 13 after the two leaders spoke by phone.
- Russian-Appointed Rector Of University In Ukraine's Kherson Reportedly Survives Assassination Attempt RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- The Russia-installed rector at Kherson State University in southeastern Ukraine, Tatyana Tomilina, has reportedly survived an assassination attempt and is currently in the hospital.
- Seven Ships Leave Ukraine Under Istanbul Grain Deal, Turkish MoD Says Sputnik 13 Sep 2022 -- Seven more ships have left Ukrainian ports under the Black Sea grain deal, the Turkish Defense Ministry said on Tuesday.
- Central African Farmers Say Hunger Looms as Ukraine War Disrupts Imports VOA 13 Sep 2022 -- Farmers' associations from 11 Central African countries say disruptions in food supplies caused by Russia's war in Ukraine have deepened the struggles of millions of Africans to survive. The farmers, meeting Tuesday in Cameroon's capital, called on the region's governments to help people cope with food shortages.
- Ukraine War Overshadows SCO Summit in Uzbekistan VOA 13 Sep 2022 -- Excitement is building in Uzbekistan ahead of this week's Shanghai Cooperation Organization meeting, where Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will be the most prominent among more than a dozen world leaders visiting the Central Asian nation.
- Investigation Shows Contractors At Russian Base In Kyrgyzstan 'Dispatched To Ukraine' RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- People in the northern Kyrgyz town of Kant, where a Russian air base is located, say hundreds of troops from the facility have been dispatched to fight in the war in Ukraine in recent months.
- Sweden donates COVID-19 vaccines to Ukraine Government Offices of Sweden 13 Sep 2022 -- The Swedish Government has today decided to donate more than 500 000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|