11 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 11.09 Ukraine MOD 11 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Presses New Offensive as Russian Troops Retreat From Kharkiv Region VOA 11 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian forces advanced their counteroffensive in eastern Ukraine Sunday, looking to take advantage of Russian troop withdrawals from the northeastern Kharkiv region in a retreat that may have changed the course of the nearly seven-month conflict.
- Ukraine Pushes On With Counteroffensive As Russian Invasion Enters 200th Day RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine's military counteroffensive continued in the east of the country as Russia's invasion entered its 200th day on September 11, a day after Russia admitted its invading forces had abandoned key northeastern areas.
- Russia blamed as some eastern Ukrainian cities plunge into darkness Press TV 11 Sep 2022 -- Amid Russia's ongoing military operation in Ukraine, local Ukrainian officials have accused Russian forces of causing widespread blackouts in eastern Ukraine and elsewhere.
- Blackouts Hit Eastern Ukraine As Kyiv Accuses Moscow Of Attacking Energy Infrastructure RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- Large swaths of eastern Ukraine were experiencing blackouts on September 11 as Kyiv accused Moscow of attacking its energy infrastructure.
- Ukraine Halts Operations At Russian-Occupied Nuclear Plant As 'Safety Measure' RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- Operations at the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant have been "completely stopped" as a safety measure, Enerhoatom, the Ukrainian state agency in charge of the plant, announced on September 11.
- UK Defense Ministry: Ukraine Has Made 'Significant Gains' VOA 11 Sep 2022 -- Britain's defense ministry says Ukrainian forces have continued to make significant gains in the Kharkiv region.
- I want to dedicate this address to those who have been bravely standing for 200 days, being the exact reason why Ukraine stands - President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 11 Sep 2022
- Today, Ukraine has changed the formats of international communication and has become a much more powerful state than before the war - Mykhailo Podolyak President of Ukraine 11 Sep 2022
- The creation of a tribunal on the crime of aggression is a matter of maturity for the entire civilized world - Deputy Head of the President's Office at the YES meeting President of Ukraine 11 Sep 2022
- Designating Russia a state - sponsor of terrorism will be a "silver bullet" for its military machine - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 11 Sep 2022
- Telephone conversation with President of France Emmanuel Macron President of Russia 11 Sep 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with President of the French Republic Emmanuel Macron at the French side's initiative.
- Defense Ministry: Russian troops hit Ukrainian army positions in Kharkiv Press TV 11 Sep 2022 -- Moscow says Russian troops have hit positions held by Ukrainian forces in the Kharkiv region, hours after Ukrainians claimed to have made substantial progress there.
- Ukraine's attacks on nuclear plant could be 'catastrophic,' Putin warns Macron Press TV 11 Sep 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron that Ukraine's attacks on Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant could lead to "catastrophic consequences."
- Lavrov: Russia not giving up on peace talks with Ukraine Press TV 11 Sep 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Moscow is not giving up on the idea of peace talks with Kiev but the longer the negotiations are delayed, the harder it will be to come to terms.
- Update 100 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 11 Sep 2022-- A back-up power line to Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) has been restored, providing the plant with the external electricity it needs for reactor cooling and other essential safety functions, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) learnt at the site today.
- Macron Tells Putin To Remove Weapons From Near Ukrainian Nuclear Plant, Ensure Grain Exports RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- French President Emmanuel Macron told his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, to remove weapons and troops stationed next to a Ukrainian nuclear plant amid growing international concerns about a potential catastrophe.
- British Defense Ministry Refutes Putin's Claim That Ukraine Grain Exports Not Reaching Global Poor RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- Assertions by Russian President Vladimir Putin that only a fraction of grain exported from Ukraine was going to poor countries are untrue, the British Defense Ministry says.
- German Foreign Minister Promises To Help Ukraine Clear Mines, Dodges Question On Sending Battle Tanks RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock has pledged Germany's help to remove anti-personnel mines left in Ukraine by retreating Russian troops but declined to say whether Germany would fulfill Ukraine's request for battle tanks.
- Turning The Tide? Ukraine Stuns Russia With Counteroffensive But Can't Claim Victory Yet RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- In early August, the signs pointed south: Ukraine stepped up its tempo of long-range artillery and rockets attacks in the Kherson region, pounding Dnieper River crossings and Russian ammunition depots. Russia shifted sizable numbers of units southwest, away from the Donbas, in anticipation of what most observers expected was a major counteroffensive.
- Few Pupils, Fewer Teachers: Russia Struggles To Set Up 'Potemkin' Schools In Occupied Ukraine RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- The first day of September should have been a momentous occasion for the children and teachers of Primorsk in Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya region.
- Russia Delays 'Referendums' In Occupied Ukrainian Regions Amid Setback RFE/RL 11 Sep 2022 -- Russia has decided to delay holding "referendums" in the occupied regions of Ukraine on their annexation by Moscow following military setbacks, Meduza reported, citing unnamed sources close to the Kremlin.
- Another Four Ships Authorized to Leave Ukraine Under Istanbul Grain Deal - JCC Sputnik 11 Sep 2022 -- The Istanbul-based Joint Coordination Center (JCC) has authorized four more ships to sail out of Ukrainian ports on Monday, as part of the Black Sea grain initiative, the JCC said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|