09 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- U.S. Defense Chief Says Ukraine Seeing Battlefield Successes Near Kherson, Kharkiv RFE/RL 09 Sep 2022 -- Ukrainian forces are showing signs of battlefield successes in two counteroffensives, U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said, adding that the United States will support Kyiv in its fight against invading Russian troops "as long as it's needed."
- Ukraine Claims New Gains in Counteroffensive Against Russia VOA 09 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine claimed new gains in its counteroffensive against Russian forces Friday as a Russian-appointed administrator for the eastern Kharkiv region acknowledged that Kyiv had achieved a "substantial victory."
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 09.09 Ukraine MOD 09 Sep 2022
- Official In Ukraine's Northeast Says Russian Attack Hits Hospital, People Wounded RFE/RL 09 Sep 2022 -- The regional governor of the northeastern Ukrainian region of Sumy says Russian air strikes have destroyed a hospital in the town of Velyka Pysarivka.
- As of now, the Armed Forces of Ukraine liberate and take control of more than 30 settlements in Kharkiv region - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 09 Sep 2022
- President of Ukraine, Baykar CEO discuss cooperation in defense sector President of Ukraine 09 Sep 2022
- Head of State meets with President of Latvia, Prime Minister of Poland paying visit to Kyiv President of Ukraine 09 Sep 2022
- Head of the President's Office discussed further support for Ukraine with the President of the Italian Parliamentary Committee for the Security President of Ukraine 09 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Warns Russian Cyber Onslaught Is Coming VOA 09 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine is bracing for a new wave of Russian cyberattacks likely aimed at freezing its citizens in coming months and crippling its spending power.
- Russia sending reinforcements to Kharkiv amid Ukrainian 'gains' Press TV 09 Sep 2022 -- Russian state media outlets say the country is sending reinforcements to Kharkiv amid reported intensification of the battle in the northeastern Ukrainian region.
- Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova's comment on accusations of Russia taking "cruel filtration measures" against Ukrainian citizens Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 09 Sep 2022
- Ukraine Contracting Actions DOD 09 Sep 2022 -- A document regarding Ukraine contracting actions.
- Department Moves Quick to Replenish Weapons Sent to Ukraine DoD News 09 Sep 2022 -- Following Russia's February 2022 invasion of Ukraine, the United States embarked on a long-term commitment to provide Ukraine with the tools and equipment it needs to defend its sovereignty. Since that time, more than $14.5 billion in assistance has been committed to Ukraine.
- NATO Secretary General and U.S. Secretary of State address NATO's strong response to Russia's war on Ukraine NATO 09 Sep 2022 -- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg welcomed U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken to NATO Headquarters on Friday (9 September 2022) for a meeting of the North Atlantic Council to address Russia's brutal war on Ukraine.
- Director General's Statement on Serious Situation at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant IAEA 09 Sep 2022 -- "Today, I have learned from IAEA staff on the site of the serious situation that developed last night at Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP)."
- UN's Nuclear Watchdog Reports Blackout In Ukrainian Town Near Zaporizhzhya Plant RFE/RL 09 Sep 2022 -- The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says shelling has caused a near blackout in the town near the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant in Ukraine where the plant's operators live, adding to the increasingly precarious situation at the plant.
- Ukraine: More than 14,000 casualties to date but 'actual numbers are likely considerably higher' UN News 09 Sep 2022 -- Nearly 5,800 people have been killed in the conflict in Ukraine and the situation of prisoners of war in Russian-held areas is "worrying", the head of the UN Human Rights Monitoring Mission in the country said on Friday.
- Ukraine: Shelling in nearby city putting Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant at risk UN News 09 Sep 2022 -- Shelling in the Ukrainian city of Enerhodar is putting the embattled Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) at risk, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) warned in a statement on Friday.
- UN Ukraine Mission Chief Accuses Russia Of Denying Access To POWs RFE/RL 09 Sep 2022 -- The chief of the UN human rights mission in Ukraine has accused Russia of failing to allow access to prisoners of war (POWs) and said that it has evidence of ill-treatment and torture of Ukrainian prisoners that may constitute war crimes.
- Ukrainian POWs in Russian Detention Subject to Abuse, UN Reports VOA 09 Sep 2022 -- The U.N. Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine says prisoners of war held in detention by the Russian Federation's armed forces or by affiliated armed groups have been subject to torture and other inhumane and degrading treatment.
- Ukraine: UN committee 'gravely concerned' over treatment of people with disabilities UN News 09 Sep 2022 -- People with disabilities trapped in the Russian control zones in Ukraine are reportedly being used as "human shields" by the Russian Federation armed forces, the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) warned on Friday.
- First humanitarian shipment of grain from Ukraine arrives in Ethiopia: UN People's Daily 09 Sep 2022 -- The first humanitarian shipment of grain from Ukraine by the World Food Programme (WFP) had arrived in Ethiopia, a UN spokesman said on Thursday.
- Budget Commissioner Calls On EU States To Step Up Funding For Kyiv In 2023 RFE/RL 09 Sep 2022 -- EU Budget Commissioner Johannes Hahn has asked EU member states to step up their financial support to Kyiv next year because Russia's war in Ukraine "is very likely" to continue.
- EU ministers agree statement in support of additional â‚¬5 billion assistance for Ukraine EC/CEU 09 Sep 2022 -- EU finance ministers and Central Bank governors met with representatives of the European Commission and the ECB at the informal Ecofin Council meeting in Prague today.
- Joint press release: Ukraine Recovery and Reconstruction Needs Estimated $349 Billion (â‚¬349 Billion) European Commission 09 Sep 2022 -- In a joint assessment released today,the Government of Ukraine, the European Commission, and the World Bank, in cooperation with partners, estimate that the current cost of reconstruction and recovery in Ukraine amounts to $349 billion (â‚¬349 billion). This figure is expected to grow in the coming months as the war continues.
- Sweden participating in two court cases concerning the war in Ukraine Government Offices of Sweden 09 Sep 2022 -- Sweden has chosen to intervene (participate) in two court cases concerning Russia's responsibility for violations of international law.
- Supplying weapons will not bring peace to Ukraine: Chinese envoy People's Daily 09 Sep 2022 -- A Chinese envoy warned on Thursday that supplying weapons to Ukraine will not bring peace.
- Serbian Sentenced For Participating With Pro-Russian Forces In Ukraine In 2015 RFE/RL 09 Sep 2022 -- Serbian national Vlado Stanic has been sentenced to one year in prison by a court in Belgrade for participating alongside Russia-backed separatists fighting in eastern Ukraine in 2015.
- UN Raises Concern About Treatment of Disabled in China, Ukraine VOA 09 Sep 2022 -- The U.N. Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities has raised concerns about the treatment of people with disabilities in China and Ukraine. The two countries are among nine whose records came under review by the 18-member monitoring group during its latest session.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|