05 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 05.09 Ukraine MOD 05 Sep 2022
- The shelling of the territory of the ZNPP means Russia does not care what the IAEA says and what the international community decides - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 05 Sep 2022
- Andriy Yermak and Roberta Metsola urged to endorse the establishment of an international tribunal for the political leadership of Russia President of Ukraine 05 Sep 2022
- Kyiv Resident, Associate Get Lengthy Prison Terms For Assisting Russian Invasion RFE/RL 05 Sep 2022 -- A Kyiv resident and his associate have been sentenced to lengthy prison terms for assisting occupying Russian troops with their invasion of the country.
- Ukraine Calls for 'Maximum Support' to Avoid Effects of Russian Energy Cuts VOA 05 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine advocated Monday for "maximum support" for its efforts to defeat Russia in order to blunt economic effects on European allies, while Russia reiterated its blame on Western sanctions for disruptions of gas shipments to Germany.
- Putin: Kiev's Neo-Nazi Regime Responsible for Donbass Tragedy Sputnik 05 Sep 2022 -- Russia launched the special military operation in Ukraine on February 24 following a request from the two Donbass republics to protect them against the attacks of Ukrainian forces. The operation came after Kiev failed to implement the Minsk agreements on Donbass reintegration over the course of eight years.
- Donbas, Zaporozhye, Kherson Regions Can Ask Russia for Help With Referendums - Churov Sputnik 05 Sep 2022 -- The Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics (DPR and LPR), as well as the Zaporozhye and Kherson regions have the right to ask Russia and international organizations for help while holding referendums on joining Russia, Vladimir Churov, Ambassador for Special Tasks at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told Sputnik.
- Kherson Referendum On Joining Russia Postponed, Official Says RFE/RL 05 Sep 2022 -- A representative of the Moscow-installed military administration in the occupied parts of Ukraine's Kherson region says a referendum on joining Russia has been postponed as Ukrainian armed forces continue military operations aimed at regaining control over the area.
- Update 98 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 05 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that a back-up power line between the country's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) and a nearby thermal power station was deliberately disconnected today in order to extinguish a fire, but the line itself was not damaged.
- IAEA To Release Report After Experts' Visit To Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 05 Sep 2022 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is set to issue a report about nuclear safety in Ukraine expected to include the agency's findings after a delegation from the agency visited the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant.
- Ukraine Nuclear Plant Taken Off Power Grid VOA 05 Sep 2022 -- Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant has been disconnected from the electricity grid due to Russian shelling, according to Ukraine's state-run nuclear company.
- Congress President condemns the continuing abduction of Ukrainian local elected representatives Council of Europe 05 Sep 2022 -- In light of the continuing abductions of Ukrainian local elected representatives, the President of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe, Leendert Verbeek, endorsing the statement made by Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights Dunja MijatoviÄ‡ on the occasion of the International Day of Victims of Enforced Disappearances, made the following statement:
- EU-Ukraine Association Council: Press remarks by High Representative Josep Borrell European External Action Service (EEAS) 05 Sep 2022
- PM call with President Zelenskyy: 5 September 2022 Gov.UK 05 Sep 2022 -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson spoke to President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy this afternoon.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine dispatches biggest convoy of grain ships to foreign markets People's Daily 05 Sep 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- 'We Have To Pay For Our Indifference': A Russian Deserter Speaks Out After Ukraine War Memoir Hits A Nerve RFE/RL 05 Sep 2022 -- Before fleeing Russia in early August, Junior Sergeant Pavel Filatyev penned a 141-page bombshell exposĂ© of how things were going for his paratrooper unit in the war in Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|