01 September 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 01.09 Ukraine MOD 01 Sep 2022
- Red Cross Chief Warns Combatants 'Playing With Fire' At Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 01 Sep 2022 -- Robert Mardini, head of the International Committee of the Red Cross, has warned that fighting between Russian and Ukrainian forces around the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant must be halted immediately before a "massive incident" causes a humanitarian catastrophe.
- HRW Accuses Russia Of 'Forcibly Transferring' Ukrainians to Russia RFE/RL 01 Sep 2022 -- Human Rights Watch (HRW) says Russian and Russian-allied forces have been "forcibly transferring" Ukrainian civilians, including those fleeing fighting, to the Russian Federation or areas of Ukraine occupied by Russia.
- It is demilitarization of the territory of the Zaporizhzhia NPP that is the goal of Ukrainian and international efforts - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 01 Sep 2022
- President discussed support for Ukraine with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Denmark President of Ukraine 01 Sep 2022
- We will do everything so that Ukrainians, Poles and all the peoples of Europe live freely - President of Ukraine addresses the people of Poland on the 83rd anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War President of Ukraine 01 Sep 2022
- Russia wants the world to make three mistakes: to get used to the war, to put up with the war and to forget about the war; this intention should never succeed - address by the President of Ukraine to the participants of the Venice Film Festival President of Ukraine 01 Sep 2022
- Putin: Russia preventing emergence of anti-Moscow enclave in Ukraine Press TV 01 Sep 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin says the country's forces are preventing the creation of an anti-Moscow enclave on the Ukrainian territory.
- Russia accuses Ukraine of sending 'saboteurs' around Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant Press TV 01 Sep 2022 -- Russia has accused Ukraine of deploying up to 60 "saboteurs" to the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant ahead of a visit by UN inspectors.
- Russia's Special Operation Isn't 'Aggression,' Merely Putting End to Kiev's War on Donbass: Putin Sputnik 01 Sep 2022 -- Moscow kicked off what the Russian president characterized as a "special military operation" to "demilitarize" and "de-Nazify" Ukraine in February after weeks of escalating shelling, sabotage, and sniper attacks by Ukrainian forces against the breakaway Donbass republics, and fears that Kiev would launch an all-out offensive.
- Ukraine Staged Troop-Landing Provocation Near ZNPP to Disrupt IAEA Mission's Visit, Says Russian MoD Sputnik 01 Sep 2022 -- In recent weeks, the situation at the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant (ZNPP) has been tense as the site has been shelled by Ukrainians every day.
- U.S., Denmark Like-Minded on Ukraine Aid DoD News 01 Sep 2022 -- During a Pentagon meeting, Denmark's Defense Minister Morten Bodskov thanked Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III for his leadership in the effort to aid Ukraine as it struggles against Russia.
- IAEA Chief Says Inspectors Will Stay At Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant For Several Days RFE/RL 01 Sep 2022 -- Some members of a team of inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will remain at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant for the next several days, the head of the agency said after visiting the plant on September 1.
- UN Inspectors Set to Start Work at Ukraine Nuclear Plant VOA 01 Sep 2022 -- U.N. nuclear inspectors expect to begin their work Thursday at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, assessing safety and security matters amid international concern that fighting in the area could endanger the facility.
- Start of an uncertain school year for four million schoolchildren in Ukraine UNICEF 01 Sep 2022 -- The ongoing war in Ukraine has marred the start of a new school year for Ukraine's four million schoolchildren, stated UNICEF Executive Director Catherine Russell as she concluded a three-day visit across the country.
- Additional funding to supporting Ukraine in budget of Ministry for Foreign Affairs Finnish Government 01 Sep 2022 -- The Government proposes EUR 1.3 billion in appropriations for the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. Support for Ukraine will continue to be at the heart of the Ministry's budget in 2023.
- Russia deploys merciless warfare methods in Ukraine: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 01 Sep 2022 -- UK Ambassador Bush criticises the Russian government for the malign political and geopolitical tactics used in their illegal war against Ukraine.
- PM Lapid speaks with President of Ukraine Zelenskyy and congratulates him on the occasion of Ukraine's 31st Independence Day Israel - Prime Minister 01 Sep 2022
- VOA Exclusive: Ukrainians Forcibly Transferred to Russia 'Had No Choice' VOA 02 Sep 2022 -- Human Rights Watch issued a report Thursday documenting the forcible transfer of Ukrainian citizens to Russia and Russian-occupied areas of Ukraine, which HRW says constitutes war crimes and potential crimes against humanity.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|