30 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 30, 2022 Ukraine MOD 30 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 30.08 Ukraine MOD 30 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 30, 2022 Ukraine MOD 30 Aug 2022
- Fighting Rages in Southern Ukraine's Kherson Region VOA 30 Aug 2022 -- While China's strategic partnership with Russia "without limits" has been widely reported since the start of the war in Ukraine, much less known is the strategic partnership Ukraine and China forged in 2011. Now, that partnership is being questioned by a key lawmaker in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian Forces Press Offensive in South As Zelenskiy Tells Russians To 'Go Home' RFE/RL 30 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has urged Russian troops to flee from an offensive launched by his forces near the strategic southern city of Kherson occupied by Moscow since early in the war, saying Ukraine's military were taking back their territory.
- Washington Post Says Ukraine Using Dummies of HIMARS to Lure Russian Missiles Sputnik 30 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine is seeking to have Russian forces waste expensive cruise missiles by deploying wooden dummies of US-supplied artillery batteries, The Washington Post reported on Tuesday.
- Ukraine will be a full member of the EU and is already closer to Europe than ever - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 30 Aug 2022
- President of Ukraine met with the Director General of the IAEA President of Ukraine 30 Aug 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with US Senators Robert Portman and Amy Klobuchar President of Ukraine 30 Aug 2022
- Andriy Yermak emphasizes the importance of Ukraine's fastest possible gaining of membership in the OECD Working Group, which will contribute to strengthening the trust of partners in the process of rebuilding our state President of Ukraine 30 Aug 2022
- Kyrylo Tymoshenko discussed the fast recovery of infrastructure facilities with the Ambassador of Great Britain President of Ukraine 30 Aug 2022
- Zelenskiy Meets With IAEA Team Ahead Of Urgent Mission To Occupied Ukrainian Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 30 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's president met in Kyiv on August 30 with a team of UN nuclear inspectors ahead of their planned journey to the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant in war-torn southern Ukraine, his office said.
- Ukraine Lawmaker Questions Kyiv's Strategic Partnership With Beijing VOA 30 Aug 2022 -- Fighting raged in southern Ukraine's Kherson region on Tuesday, with the Kyiv government claiming it destroyed bridges and ammunition depots, while Russia said it repelled the attacks and killed large numbers of Ukrainian troops.
- Ukraine Says Europe Should Ban Travel To All Russians Except 'Real' Opponents Of Putin RFE/RL 30 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba called on the European Union to ban all Russians except political dissidents from traveling to the bloc on the grounds that Moscow's unprovoked invasion enjoys wide support at home.
- U.S. Defense Official: Russia Struggling To Recruit New Soldiers, Turning To Prisons, Older Recruits RFE/RL 30 Aug 2022 -- A senior U.S. defense official told reporters that Russia is struggling to find more soldiers to fight in Ukraine and said many recruits are older, in bad shape, and are receiving little training.
- Pentagon Doubts Ukraine Has Sufficient Capabilities for Kherson Counteroffensive: Report Sputnik 30 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian forces kicked off a large-scale operation in Kherson region on Monday, with the strategic territory, which was liberated by Russian forces in early March, situated north of Crimea and acting as part of a land bridge linking the peninsula to the Russian mainland.
- US gave so much weaponry to Ukraine that its munitions stockpiles getting 'uncomfortably low': Report Press TV 30 Aug 2022 -- The United States has provided Ukraine with so much weaponry to fight Russians that Pentagon stockpiles for some munitions are "uncomfortably low," according to US military officials.
- US calls for shutdown of Ukraine's attacked nuclear plant Press TV 30 Aug 2022 -- The United States has called for the shutdown of a nuclear plant which has been under attack in Ukraine.
- Urgently needed life-saving supplies delivered to people in Mykolaiv UNOCHA 30 Aug 2022 -- Humanitarian organizations carried out a joint mission and delivered urgently needed life-saving supplies to people in Mykolaiv as part of efforts to scale up support for over 550,000 people in need across Mykolaivska oblast.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: IAEA mission on way to Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant People's Daily 30 Aug 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- G7 Non-Proliferation Directors' Group on Nuclear Safety and Security at the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant US Dept. of State 30 Aug 2022 -- The text of the following statement was released by the G7 Non-Proliferation Directors Group of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America, and the High Representative of the European Union.
- EU looking to establish training mission for Ukraine Press TV 30 Aug 2022 -- The European Union (EU) is looking to establish a training mission for Ukrainian forces, in what would be a more aggressive stand in the war in Ukraine.
- In Prague, EU Defense Chiefs Agree To Work Toward Military Assistance Mission For Ukraine RFE/RL 30 Aug 2022 -- EU defense ministers meeting in the Czech capital have agreed to begin work on the blueprints for an EU military assistance mission for Ukraine amid broader debate on added weapons and training to help Ukraine defend itself from the current Russian invasion, according to EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell.
- Hungary to Ask Europe to Stop Escalation of Ukrainian Crisis, Foreign Minister Says Sputnik 30 Aug 2022 -- Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto stated on Tuesday that he will ask Europe to stop any actions that escalate the crisis in Ukraine.
- Iran FM says to focus on resolution of Ukraine conflict in Russia visit Press TV 30 Aug 2022 -- Iran's Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian says his visit to Russia will focus on efforts to facilitate a resolution of the Ukraine conflict.
- First UN Aid Ship With Ukrainian Grain Reaches Ethiopia RFE/RL 30 Aug 2022 -- A UN ship carrying Ukrainian grain to Ethiopia, where millions are at risk of starvation, has reached the port of Djibouti.
- Arrival of Wheat-Carrying Brave Commander to East Africa from Ukraine US Dept. of State 30 Aug 2022 -- The United States welcomes the arrival in Djibouti of 23,300 metric tons of Ukrainian grain aboard the ship Brave Commander.
- First Ship Carrying Ukrainian Grain to Africa Since Beginning of Conflict Arrives in Djibouti VOA 30 Aug 2022 -- The first shipment of Ukrainian grain to Africa since Russia's invasion arrived in Djibouti on Tuesday. The grain will be distributed in Ethiopia to help the drought-stricken nation cope with worsening hunger that threatens to become a famine.
- WFP vessel leaves Ukraine with grain for humanitarian response in Yemen WFP 30 Aug 2022 -- A UN World Food Programme-charted vessel departed today from the Ukrainian Black Sea Port of Yuznhy (Pivdennyi) with wheat grain destined for the agency's humanitarian response in Yemen.
- Black Hornets: The Micro Drones Set To Spy On Ukraine's Battlefields RFE/RL 30 Aug 2022 -- The United Kingdom and Norway recently announced a military aid package for Ukraine that includes hundreds of tiny drones called Black Hornets. This is what the devices can and cannot do.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|