27 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 27.08 Ukraine MOD 27 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 27, 2022 Ukraine MOD 27 Aug 2022
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame over Zaporizhzhia power outage People's Daily 27 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine and Russia are trading blame over a power outage at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, which marks the first time Europe's largest nuclear station has been disconnected from Ukraine's national grid.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant reconnected to grid People's Daily 27 Aug 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Satellite Images Pinpoint Fires Near Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine RFE/RL 27 Aug 2022 -- Satellite images obtained by Schemes, the investigative unit of RFE/RL's Ukrainian Service, show fires burning near the Russian-controlled Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant a day before the flames prompted Ukrainian authorities on August 25 to disconnect the plant, Europe's largest nuclear power facility, from the country's electricity grid.
- Today I thank all our pilots who are doing a lot to bring the victory of Ukraine closer - address of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 27 Aug 2022
- More help from partners will allow Ukraine to turn the tide of the war, defeat Russia - Mykhailo Podolyak in an interview with The Hill President of Ukraine 27 Aug 2022
- Ukrainian Authorities Hand Out Iodine As Tensions Remain High Near Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 27 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian authorities have begun distributing iodine tablets to residents near the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant to provide protection against potential radiation poisoning in the event of a disaster at the facility.
- Retreating Ukrainian Forces Left Fallen US Mercenary Behind, DPR Official Says Sputnik 27 Aug 2022 -- The authorities of the Donetsk People's Republic said they were ready to send the body of the mercenary back home, and notified the appropriate international human rights organizations of his death.
- Ukraine Has Fired 17 Shells at Territory of Zaporozhye Nuclear Plant, Russian Military Says Sputnik 27 Aug 2022 -- On Friday, Energodar authorities said that Ukrainian Armed Forces resumed their shelling of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant, with several shells landing not far from the site where radioactive isotopes are stored.
- UN Coordinator Says More Ukrainian Grain Must Be Shifted To Provide Space For New Harvest RFE/RL 27 Aug 2022 -- The UN coordinator for a Black Sea grain deal said that millions of tons of food needs to be moved out of Ukrainian silos to make room for the next harvest.
- WHO Cites Unprecedented Attacks on Ukraine's Health Care Facilities VOA 27 Aug 2022 -- Citing unparalleled attacks on health care facilities, the World Health Organization said this week it is working to reconstruct Ukraine's health system. The system has suffered extensive damage since Russia invaded the country six months ago.
- IAEA Experts Get Set to Inspect Ukraine's Endangered Nuclear Plant VOA 27 Aug 2022 -- International investigators are prepared in the coming days to inspect Ukraine's endangered Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant as renewed front-line fighting was reported Saturday around the facility.
- UK to Hand Over Underwater Drones to Ukraine to Demine Coast, MoD Says Sputnik 27 Aug 2022 -- The UK will hand over underwater minehunter drones to Ukraine to clear the coastline, the UK Defence Ministry said on Saturday.
- UK donating undersea minehunter drones to help Ukraine clear coastline UK MOD 27 Aug 2022 -- Dozens of Ukrainian personnel will be taught to use the autonomous minehunting vehicles by the Royal Navy and our US partners over the coming months
- Ukraine: More than one million tonnes of grain and food items exported under Black Sea deal UN News 27 Aug 2022 -- Exports of Ukrainian grain and other foodstuffs under a landmark agreement amid the ongoing war, have surpassed one million metric tonnes, the UN Coordinator for the Black Sea Grain Initiative, Amir Abdulla, reported on Saturday.
- Poland signs $5.8bn arms deal with S Korea to replace weapons sent to Ukraine Press TV 27 Aug 2022 -- Poland has sealed a weapons deal worth $5.8 billion with South Korea for the purchase of tanks, howitzers and ammunition as the east European nation aims to replace armaments shipped to Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|